Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
RomneyCare is different than ObamaCare;
It does not go out and shaft everyone.

Look at what it was intended to accomplish; how it went about it and the results.
It did not Create thousands of government jobs to oversee the implementation.
It to not put in TBDs to cover the flaws.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999

Look at what it was intended to accomplish; how it went about it and the results.

Keep telling yourself that.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012

1.) What are the differences in what they intended to accomplish?
2.) If Romney wanted it to go national. How else would he implement it if not creating all those jobs? How many jobs were created in Mass to implement it?

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000

Seeing how you chose to not address/challenge; let me lay them out directly for you to respond. Given that you seem to be from that area; it should be easy for you.

What was it intended to accomplish:
Get all Mass people health insurance coverage.

How did it do such:
Require companies to provide health insurance coverage for all employees.

Are there loopholes?
I do not know - if so; please identify

Are there penalties:
Yes - an additional tax is paid when your state tax return is filed.

Questions for you. I do not have the answers readily available.
Were there extra taxes added to companies that was unrelated to health insurance?
  • Obama is doing so
  • Did Romney do this?
Were there extra taxes on individuals that already had insurance coverage?
  • Obama is doing so.
  • Did Romney do this?
How much expansion of the State government workforce was done to support enforcement?
  • Obama is adding entire departments to oversee the implementation plus 10s of thousands of IRS employees to catch people that do not want to pay the added taxes.
  • What is the amount of employees did the Mass state government add to oversee and enforce the program.

sunzt

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2003
How did it do such:
[/LIST]

IMO, that's not the best way to insure everyone. Should be more like a two tier system where providers provide coverage for most medical procedures, preventatives, necessary surgeries/test and claims up to a limit or so, and then the feds should cover catastrophic expensive emergency procedures that are above the limit, or have the roles vice a versa depending on how it affects quality of care and costs.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Seeing how you chose to not address/challenge; let me lay them out directly for you to respond. Given that you seem to be from that area; it should be easy for you.

What was it intended to accomplish:
Get all Mass people health insurance coverage.

How did it do such:

Are there loopholes?
I do not know - if so; please identify

Are there penalties:
Yes - an additional tax is paid when your state tax return is filed.

Questions for you. I do not have the answers readily available.
Were there extra taxes added to companies that was unrelated to health insurance?
  • Obama is doing so
  • Did Romney do this?
Were there extra taxes on individuals that already had insurance coverage?
  • Obama is doing so.
  • Did Romney do this?
How much expansion of the State government workforce was done to support enforcement?
  • Obama is adding entire departments to oversee the implementation plus 10s of thousands of IRS employees to catch people that do not want to pay the added taxes.
  • What is the amount of employees did the Mass state government add to oversee and enforce the program.

Wait, first you make these assertions then it turns out you don't know if your assertions are true and YOU'RE ASKING ***ME***???

Are you retarded?

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
From Wiki

n Massachusetts, a fund of over $1 billion in 2004/2005, known as the Uncompensated Care Pool (or "free care pool"), was used to partially reimburse hospitals and health centers for these expenses.[16] The money is funded through an annual assessment on insurance providers and hospitals, plus state and federal contributions. It was predicted that implementation of the Massachusetts health reform law would result in almost complete elimination of the need for this fund. In 2006, an MIT economics professor Jonathan Gruber predicted that the amount of money in the "free care pool" would be sufficient to pay for reform legislation without requiring additional funding or taxes.[17][dead link] In fact, the state still uses about $453 million of its own money, or 1.4% of its annual budget, as of 2011 in order to cover the uncovered costs of the legislation, which total approximately $1 billion per year.
1.4% of budget is still used;
what percent of the budget is ObamaCare doing.

Also, note that annual assessment on insurance providers and hospitals, plus state and federal contributions. Nothing about taxes on other areas of the economy to cover costs.

Then note that while a liberal economist stated that everything should be balanced; it does not.
Yet Obama economists are of the same stripe; making the same mistakes/assumptions.

As two a couple of my questions above after digging around.

No taxes were added to unrelated companies. Only to insurance companies and health care facilities.

no extra taxes on people who had health coverage.

I have shot an email to the State of Mass asking about employment numbers.

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Wait, first you make these assertions then it turns out you don't know if your assertions are true and YOU'RE ASKING ***ME***???

Are you retarded?

I am retarded; I was politely asking for your help.:biggrin:

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally Posted by EagleKeeper

He will

Status
Not open for further replies.