Voluntaryism: The Non-Aggression Principle (NAP)

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
In nine minutes the insanity that is government authority is revealed. In that same nine minutes you learn the truth you already knew as a child but somehow as an adult have ignored or accepted now as a falsehood.

We must change our minds on how we interact with each other. After thousands of years of instituting kings, pharaohs, popes, presidents or other elected leaders we must realize that the authority structure isn't working. No society survives the aggression based principle. They all fail and they all commit great crimes against humanity. Whether through coercion, incarceration or execution this "authority" we believe in has pushed us to commit crimes we would not be guilty of own our own but because of whatever "government" said it was "lawful" we did it anyway. How many germans went along with Adolf Hitler? Chinese with Mao Zedong? Russians with Joseph Stalin? Why were they so successful in ending human life? Because their people believed in the "authority" of their leaders.

The non aggression principle is the only way we will be able to peacefully coexist and advance as a species. One day many years from now the idea of authority without consent will be unfathomable much the same way as many of the long held "truths" such as the earth being the center of the universe. To think that today is absurd. I hope you've taken those nine minutes and truly questioned those long held beliefs of "authority". Our existence depends on it.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
All that time for a simple, albeit logical, analogy.

NAP was not explained, not in any detail. I'll have to use google to inform myself as to wtf you're talking about, what ideas there are for applying this sort of thing. You see... when one considers the elimination? of authority... one wonders how defense is established.

A root cause of authority is the need for security. Removing the means to secure yourself does not solve the problem. So maybe I over step, perhaps authority continues to exist - but how does one begin to apply non-aggression to it? It is a foreign concept.

Perhaps we could start with decentralized government. By honoring and empowering the States instead of the Union. Perhaps it is our Union that is the most egregious violation of the NAP. It could be a first step towards a greater journey. One I already wish to take.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
The non aggression principle is the only way we will be able to peacefully coexist and advance as a species. One day many years from now the idea of authority without consent will be unfathomable much the same way as many of the long held "truths" such as the earth being the center of the universe. To think that today is absurd. I hope you've taken those nine minutes and truly questioned those long held beliefs of "authority". Our existence depends on it.
Very, very true. Just as the church of Rome once had authority because people thought it would give them eternal salvation, the State currently has authority because people think it can preserve liberty.

Abolish the State!

Last edited:

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
Just take your meds PC, this manic episode will pass and the voices in your head will silence.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
All that time for a simple, albeit logical, analogy.

NAP was not explained, not in any detail. I'll have to use google to inform myself as to wtf you're talking about, what ideas there are for applying this sort of thing. You see... when one considers the elimination? of authority... one wonders how defense is established.

A root cause of authority is the need for security. Removing the means to secure yourself does not solve the problem. So maybe I over step, perhaps authority continues to exist - but how does one begin to apply non-aggression to it? It is a foreign concept.

Except you seem to think that "government" is some sort of protection while it robs, cages and kills those who resist its will. "Government" hides behind the veil of protection of you when its only protecting itself. The concept of non aggression wasn't foreign to you as a child so why would it be now? I know. It's because its been taught out of you. You've been educated since your first classroom that "authority" is right and you will be rewarded for following orders. Yet that same principle is applied today for us to follow while those in "authority" positions don't hold themselves to the same standard. Presidents, congressman, governors and police base their power off of your obedience to "law" no matter how against the grain the idea is. It has been said many times and is true that you would not harm others in your daily life as these authoritarian figures do. Violence against a non-aggressor is accepted normal procedure in todays twisted land of "laws".

Perhaps we could start with decentralized government. By honoring and empowering the States instead of the Union. Perhaps it is our Union that is the most egregious violation of the NAP. It could be a first step towards a greater journey. One I already wish to take.

Cutting down a plant and spreading its seeds out on a field is not the solution.

If you plant a seed of a tomato it would not be a surprise that that seed would, in its maturity, bare its fruit in the way of tomatoes. Yet if we take your example we are to plant a seed of a tomato and expect its fruit to be peaches. It cannot be anything other than what its parent is in full bloom. We cannot fix the problem by propagating smaller versions of the same plant, hoping against hope, that it will not become the same. Therefore we must start our garden with the seed of non aggression to get the desired result.

Last edited:

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Just take your meds PC, this manic episode will pass and the voices in your head will silence.

This tells me you are at the beginning. You haven't even questioned your belief system. You've been told that such a thing is dangerous. While I agree it is dangerous, if only because you will then have to take responsibility for your own self. Your own ideas outside the collective mean you are naked. Staring down the barrel of indoctrination and the very foundation you believe in is quite scary. In the end, for most of us, it is worthwhile to know the truth. This will be uncomfortable I know. How dare I rattle your cage while you sleep.

Red_pill_Blue_pill.png

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I agree with everything said in that video, all that needs to happen. Where I jump ship is in the statement that it must happen. What is the feeling behind those words 'it must happen'.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
When a human is 'Forced' to adapt to a condition inconsistent with their genetically developed thinking mechanism they engage a sort of rejection mode.
One can't simply change or adopt a new view... they are fixed for life. Maybe those blue or red pills can alter the thinking but no internal process can do the trick.

Juror No. 8

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
When a human is 'Forced' to adapt to a condition inconsistent with their genetically developed thinking mechanism they engage a sort of rejection mode.
One can't simply change or adopt a new view... they are fixed for life. Maybe those blue or red pills can alter the thinking but no internal process can do the trick.

Worship of State coercion and violence is genetic?

That's a new one.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Worship of State coercion and violence is genetic?

That's a new one.

The process that provides that behavior is established by some mechanism. Humans seem to have a variety of 'takes' on the same 'thing'. Most other animals seem to be rather consistent in how they behave.

The only bit that seems able to provide for that is genetics.

Juror No. 8

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
The process that provides that behavior is established by some mechanism. Humans seem to have a variety of 'takes' on the same 'thing'. Most other animals seem to be rather consistent in how they behave.

Genetics, huh? You're just going to compare the behavior of human beings and animals without acknowledging any other differentiating characteristics?

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Genetics, huh? You're just going to compare the behavior of human beings and animals without acknowledging any other differentiating characteristics?

It seems the place to start is best done where it all began. And, I'm not speaking to the difference between a Sparrow and a Tiger. I am trying to stay within the human species except as analogy may peek in.

I don't think there is much rationalization that is not affected by the function of the brain. I don't find much evidence for a rapid evolution of the human but think we do... well beyond what would be considered appropriate.
I think a child has a greater evolution than a similar non human offspring.

I think I'd call it an ability to learn complex systems quicker with each generation. But more importantly.... we learn what makes us like certain aspects of those systems differently. That occurs from some process.

I was speaking to my great grand daughter the other day... her 5th birthday... and said something about the Star Trek thinky... Warp drive and how that can't occur... that information can't travel faster than the speed of light.... she said, "What about the speed of Dark".... Now I know she's not read Feynman or who ever... but where does that come from? From where does her math skills come from?.... She's only 5... She's suppose to be playing with fake things like dolls and stuff... not able to understand the area under a curve...

LightPattern

Feb 18, 2013
I like the idea of humanity evolving (or growing) into ever better civilizations.
I know this video is meant as an introduction to the NAP, but it provides no details on what implementation of its ideas would look like.

This reminds me of Beyond Civilization by Daniel Quinn. He wrote it as a response to the questions that resulted from his earlier books about how our hierarchical system is fatally flawed.
His solution however boiled down to returning to tribalism. This has an incredible number of flaws to it however, most notably scaling.

Trying to think of a group of any scale living by something resembling the NAP.. the Amish came to mind. However they still have/live by authority based on laws, so I guess they're out too.

Can anyone detail how a group larger then an extended family could live by NAP?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I like the idea of humanity evolving (or growing) into ever better civilizations.
I know this video is meant as an introduction to the NAP, but it provides no details on what implementation of its ideas would look like.

This reminds me of Beyond Civilization by Daniel Quinn. He wrote it as a response to the questions that resulted from his earlier books about how our hierarchical system is fatally flawed.
His solution however boiled down to returning to tribalism. This has an incredible number of flaws to it however, most notably scaling.

Trying to think of a group of any scale living by something resembling the NAP.. the Amish came to mind. However they still have/live by authority based on laws, so I guess they're out too.

Can anyone detail how a group larger then an extended family could live by NAP?

Conservatism and violence are fear. Get rid of fear in childhood and replace it with love and folk will grow up progressive except maybe some few who are born without being able to feel.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

I believe the takes we have on things are learned. A beaten horse cringes at the sight of a stick, but a woodsman might use it to build a fire. It is the capacity for language to cause emotion that fucks us up. Words destroyed our true selves.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Uhmmm, it is exceedingly clear that no society has ever survived the non aggression principle. Unless you're going to point us to one, that is.

It is a naive fantasy clung to by fools who never have to face the consequences of their ideology.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
I believe the takes we have on things are learned. A beaten horse cringes at the sight of a stick, but a woodsman might use it to build a fire. It is the capacity for language to cause emotion that fucks us up. Words destroyed our true selves.

I think language is simply a means to communicate our thoughts to another... We don't need language to communicate to ourselves. Others only impact us if we allow them to. Even when we didn't know we had that option we have it now and can relate to the past with rejection... It seems easy enough to reject everything and start with a clean slate if we can't isolate the bits we want from the bits we'd reject today...

What we learn from our observations is, in my opinion, based on the process capability. I think some can see that stick of yours and use it for fire wood now and be warm while others would stack it up awaiting a more favorable time to use it... and freeze in the meantime and because they fear they may freeze without the wood tomorrow...

Juror No. 8

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
Uhmmm, it is exceedingly clear that no society has ever survived the non aggression principle. Unless you're going to point us to one, that is.

It is a naive fantasy clung to by fools who never have to face the consequences of their ideology.

LOL, "survive the non aggression principle". What does that even mean? What society has ever tried to "survive the non aggression principle"?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Where humanity needs to go is one thing. How to deal with the transmission of violence from generation to generation is another one altogether. We seem almost universally unable to cure our own violence much less go beyond that.

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005
Well, war is still the #1 hobby of mankind. I know what you're saying, I just don't believe we'll ever get there. The human race is greedy, warmongering and shallow. Technology has advanced, but we're still fighting over petty things or resources.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
I personally think that there will always be at least a few nation-States in the world, but sometime in the future more and more centralization of power will be dismantled.

Basically, some of the world will be Stateless other parts will always have a State.

There are some places I don't understand why they have a State, for example it only put Ireland into more debt (the Irish are a pretty homogenous population). Israel would probably be better off without a State.

The Japanese are also very homogenous and they would be better off without a State. There the State is an illusion like the gun control there is.

Hell, I don't understand why anyone sees the need for a State here. The State isn't needed because people are going to kill people anyway... think about Gun control in NJ. That said, the State can't save enough lives to justify.

Last edited:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
LOL, "survive the non aggression principle". What does that even mean? What society has ever tried to "survive the non aggression principle"?

Hey, why don't you tell us more about how people can't be mean to you because you have rights because magic.