Vitamins can grow new Hair!

Jon-T

Jun 5, 2011
As I age the amount of visible scalp has been increasing, crap. I read that B7 can help with hair growth, so I picked up a bottle of Biotin (B7) with keratin and started taking it daily.

The result.

Looks like there IS more hair!

In my eyebrows, nose and ears. Crap.

What reason is there in the human evolutionary past that leads to an increase of ear, nose and eyebrow hair with age becoming a thing? Did this offer an advantage 200,000 years ago? Did these genes that were passed down form horns or something that would attract babes?

(Note: Horns and hair are all formed from the same stuff.)

Last edited:

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
As I age the amount of visible scalp has been increasing, crap. I read that B7 can help with hair growth, so I picked up a bottle of Biotin (B7) with keratin and started taking it daily.

The result.

Looks like there IS more hair!

In my eyebrows, nose and ears. Crap.

What reason is there in the human evolutionary past that leads to an increase of ear, nose and eyebrow hair with age becoming a thing? Did this offer an advantage 200,000 years ago? Did these genes that were passed down form horns or something that would attract babes?

(Note: Horns and hair are all formed from the same stuff.)
Evolution is more then just adaptation. Most mutations are neutral.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I was actually toying with if I should take biotin since I'm growing my hair out but it sounds like this might be a bad idea? lol. I hear onion juice works too for those people that are thinning or receding. I just don't know how you preserve that so that you can make it in batches to use every day. A single onion would make way more than you need and onion tend to go bad very fast.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
So at least you now have patches in which to transplant from ;)

I thought the German's found the gene that caused hair loss?
They may have, but finding a safe method that will turn the gene off to preserve one's head of hair probably isn't easy. And methods to reverse hair loss are a different beast entirely.

Reactions: paperfist

FeuerFrei

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2005
Switch to MSM and report back to this thread in a few months. Thanks. (I'm just curious.)

Jon-T

Jun 5, 2011
I was actually toying with if I should take biotin since I'm growing my hair out but it sounds like this might be a bad idea? lol. I hear onion juice works too for those people that are thinning or receding. I just don't know how you preserve that so that you can make it in batches to use every day. A single onion would make way more than you need and onion tend to go bad very fast.

Hard to really say if it's a bad idea. Just a couple of hairs went into superman mode and set a new Jon record for length. So it wasn't full on Andy Rooney. Could just be a coincidence or it could be from the B7, hard to tell from a sample size of one. As for head hair it really is hard to tell if it does help. How do you measure the difference between a 0% and a 15% increase in hair over a few months without a computerized laser scan.

Alamat

Apr 30, 2003
One thing that Biotin has done that I have observed is retard grey hair developing.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
One thing that Biotin has done that I have observed is retard grey hair developing.
Quoted for awesome "retard grey hair".

From what I see on reddit (where quick popular info emerges), almost nothing works on combating receding hairline or male pattern baldness except one thing...

Finasteride / propecia

This works except it messes up your hormones and some can have soft manboobs and weaker boner.

I'm not that desperate yet.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
Quoted for awesome "retard grey hair".

From what I see on reddit (where quick popular info emerges), almost nothing works on combating receding hairline or male pattern baldness except one thing...

Finasteride / propecia

This works except it messes up your hormones and some can have soft manboobs and weaker boner.

I'm not that desperate yet.
I rather be bald then have manboobs and weak boners.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
I rather be bald then have manboobs and weak boners.
There you have it. It means theres really no option for us receding hairline folks, not even transplant since the hairline will continue to recede.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
There you have it. It means theres really no option for us receding hairline folks, not even transplant since the hairline will continue to recede.

There's always the Presidential option of growing out the side and back hair then layering it atop your bare scalp in a 3- to 10-way swirly combover. Bigly impress the ladies with your yuge hair swoosh!

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca

I think hair transplant is actually permanent, but you are limited by the donor area. If you are going completely bald then you're out of luck but if you don't lose the side and back hair, there's something to work with. I think it's like 10-15k per session and you need several so it's not cheap. Elon Musk got it done.

If I was losing my hair, I would probably look into it myself TBH, don't think I'd end up actually getting it done, but I'd at least check out my options. I always taken my red hair for granted but now that I'm older and in a position to potentially loose it sooner rather than later, I enjoy it while I still have it.

Now days there seems to be a lot of people losing their hair in their early 20's, I wonder if it's partially health related, that seems so early.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Baldness is just a sign of the next evolutionary step for human beings; we're simply more advanced than all of you with hair. Our brains are far more complex, and the extra computational power creates more heat, which causes hair loss. Sorry, hairies, you're cavemen compared to us.
abe.png