Vista is not installing drivers for my dvd-rw

michaels

Banned
Nov 30, 2005
I have an old Liteon 411s and it shows up under my computer as a cd-rom but it's not listed under device manager and I can not read any cds. I tried downloading the drivers but I keep geting an error about the wrong drive etc. Are there any generic drivers I could download?

Tarrant64

Diamond Member
Sep 20, 2004
Can your read dvd's though? Also, I think most, if not all drivers, for vista have to be digitally signed by microsoft. I'm checking that now to be sure...

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
Not all legacy hardware is currently supported.

"If your hardware isn't automatically detected and installed by Vista, the first option is to find Vista-built drivers, which are in short supply.

"The next method is to use compatability mode to run the driver installation program in "Windows XP" mode. If that fails/does not install ...

"Extract or browse to the folder with the .inf files (driver files) for the device, select every .inf file, and right click Install them. After the process has finished, use Device Manager to install by navigating to the .inf files' location and going through them until you find one that is detected. If none work, then tough luck. You'll just have to wait until the manufacturer updates the drivers."

Vista

michaels

Banned
Nov 30, 2005
How do I find the folder with the files? I cans till browse file son my XP partition even though it won't boot up.