Visiting Toronto - Need advice.

busmaster11

Platinum Member
Mar 4, 2000
Going with my gf for the weekend. Need advice on shops, parks, museums, restaurants, places to visit in general you'd recommend. Perhaps something with an asian theme would be cool.

I need addresses or atleast general regions! Anyone with advice PLEASE? :)

zer0burn

Golden Member
Jan 30, 2002
Torontos a great place. Right now the exhibition is going on with a lot of rides/games/ other interesting stuff.

FOr shopping take a walk down queen street got some nice shops.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Originally posted by: busmaster11
Going with my gf for the weekend. Need advice on shops, parks, museums, restaurants, places to visit in general you'd recommend. Perhaps something with an asian theme would be cool.

I need addresses or at least general regions! Anyone with advice PLEASE? :)
Coolness, well you definately want to stay somewhere downtown, probably close to Lakeshore Blvd. There are many restaurants in that area. For shopping you'd wanna go to Eaton Center I bet. For fun you can rent a car and drive out to Canada's Wonderland (theme park) but if you don't want to rent a car you can just hop on down to the Ex (a theme park along the lake.) There are all sorts of museums--I highly recommend the ROM and Casa Loma. You'll definately want to visit the CN Tower as well.

For Asian themes...take your pick!!! Chinatown?? Little Tokyo? Little India (Gerrard St. E!!)?? I believe there is also a Koreatown or a little Vietnam also. Of course you can also find Little Italy, Little Greece and just about anything else cuz its so damn multicultural.

SSP

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
CN Tower. :)

ALso, you can check out the CNE, WOnderland, Ontario place.. etc...

I dont want to name everything, so go to toronto.com to find out all the events. :)

EDIT - Read above post. Great reply Jigga. :)

busmaster11

Platinum Member
Mar 4, 2000
Originally posted by: uncJIGGA
Originally posted by: busmaster11

I need addresses or at least general regions! Anyone with advice PLEASE? :)
Coolness, well you definately want to stay somewhere downtown, probably close to Lakeshore Blvd. There are many restaurants in that area. For shopping you'd wanna go to Eaton Center I bet. For fun you can rent a car and drive out to Canada's Wonderland (theme park) but if you don't want to rent a car you can just hop on down to the Ex (a theme park along the lake.) There are all sorts of museums--I highly recommend the ROM and Casa Loma. You'll definately want to visit the CN Tower as well.

For Asian themes...take your pick!!! Chinatown?? Little Tokyo? Little India (Gerrard St. E!!)?? I believe there is also a Koreatown or a little Vietnam also. Of course you can also find Little Italy, Little Greece and just about anything else cuz its so damn multicultural.

Well we're driving up there from chicago and rented a hotel in Scarborough. Can anyone give me the nearest big intersection for the new Chinatown in that Area? It's not the same one thats near downtown I think.

Thanks for your advice. I need streets. I'll try to find them online somewhere tonight then.

Anyone wanna recommend a restaurant? And is there a central, or near central place where many good malls, shopps or museums are located? Some place with PARKING? Thanks.

busmaster11

Platinum Member
Mar 4, 2000
thanks alot guys. quick bump in case someone wants to recommend me something else... some specific restaurant or something they like...

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
Go to the "Landing Strip" by the airport for some clean adult entertainment. many European Hotties!

Quad

Golden Member
Nov 18, 2000
might wanna check out a place called bedford's...

it's a bar/restaurant with several pool tables in a pub-type atmosphere
EXCELLENT place in my opinion, especially if you like to play pool

here's the info:

The Bedford Ballroom 232 Bloor W 416-966-4450

QueHuong

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2001
I would go see Niagara Falls - standing on the bridge gets a little boring. But they offer boat rides which seems really fun.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
And is there a central, or near central place where many good malls, shopps or museums are located? Some place with PARKING? Thanks.
They call it "Mississauga" :). Trust me, you'll find it. Just take the 403 west of Toronto (southwest of Scarborough=401??) and you'll be there. But really Eaton Center downtown is much better...just park in Scarborough somewhere and take the TTC (as long as they're not on strike for like 30th time.)