Visiontek's warranty service?

Tullphan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2001
I purchased a BNIB HD4850 back in June off eBay (back when the MS Cashback was good). Last nite it died on me.
According to Visiontek's website, it does have a lifetime warranty, however it also states "Your sales receipt or invoice from a retail store is your proof of purchase.
Am I screwed since all I have is my Paypal receipt?
Thanks.

allies

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Originally posted by: Tullphan
I purchased a BNIB HD4850 back in June off eBay (back when the MS Cashback was good). Last nite it died on me.
According to Visiontek's website, it does have a lifetime warranty, however it also states "Your sales receipt or invoice from a retail store is your proof of purchase.
Thanks.

Check this out. Contact Visiontek directly and see what they can do for you.

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
It's possible you won't get warranty service. You didn't care about the warranty when you bought it? Did the seller say you would get the warranty? This is why I avoid vid cards from ebay.

Tullphan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2001
Originally posted by: thilan29
It's possible you won't get warranty service. You didn't care about the warranty when you bought it? Did the seller say you would get the warranty? This is why I avoid vid cards from ebay.

I like to think I care about warranties, except when I buy an item used...then I know for sure there isn't a warranty.

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999

If you're screwed, it would be from buying off Ebay, which is not a retail store.

Tullphan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2001
I called Visiontek. I'm screwed.
So...what company should I purchase my next video card from?

allies

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2002

If you purchase from a retail store, Visiontek has a superb warranty. Heh...

Tullphan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2001
Originally posted by: allies

If you purchase from a retail store, Visiontek has a superb warranty. Heh...

I realize that now. Heh... :disgust:

GundamSonicZeroX

Platinum Member
Oct 6, 2005

When on eBay, one should look for an XFX brand video card. XFX manufactures for both ATi and nVidia, and they also offer a double life-time warranty.

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005

Of course try to get one from a retail store so your warranty is intact. If buying from eBay then go for XFX as Gundamsonic pointed out since they have a transferable warranty that covers the original owner as well as one other owner.

One thing I'm not sure about in XFX's warranty though is whether the 1st owner could have bought the card on ebay? Anyone know?

Tullphan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2001
I remember once looking at a pre-owned 7900GT on eBay. I was concerned about the warranty. I believe I asked the buyer for the serial # of the card. I called XFX tech support & told them what was going on. They checked the serial # of the card & it showed it hadn't been registered before. They told me I was good to go...buy it, register it & i'd have the warranty...so would the next person should I sell it.
I like that kind of support!

**An edit to my earlier post...after talking to VisionTek on the phone (foreign guy), I e-mailed tech support & explained my situation & my conversation on the phone. I got an e-mail back & was told to put a note in the box w/the card stating "Mister X" (name withheld) said to waive the receipt requirements.
I'm gonna give it a try & will keep this updated.

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: GundamSonicZeroX
When on eBay, one should look for an XFX brand video card. XFX manufactures for both ATi and nVidia, and they also offer a double life-time warranty.

There are limitations:

1) Person you are buying from is the original purchaser, making you the second owner.

2) Original purchaser properly registered the card within 30 days of purchase.

3) Original purchaser activates the transfer code from their account, and gives you that code so you can register the card.

**An edit to my earlier post...after talking to VisionTek on the phone (foreign guy), I e-mailed tech support & explained my situation & my conversation on the phone. I got an e-mail back & was told to put a note in the box w/the card stating "Mister X" (name withheld) said to waive the receipt requirements.
I'm gonna give it a try & will keep this updated.

:thumbsup: G'luck and let us know!