Visiontek Lifetime Warranty? **UPDATED**

bernse

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2000
I have a Visiontek GF3ti200 that died. I was going to just throw it away, but I found the box that it came in and says "LIFETIME WARRANTY" in big letters.

Any idea how I can return it and get a replacement? Even if I have to pay a small amount for shipping, it might be a worthwhile thing to do. I still have the receipt, but the store I bought it through isn't around anymore so they won't be able to help.

I couldn't find anything on their website.

Ideas?

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Originally posted by: bernse
I have a Visiontek GF3ti200 that died. I was going to just throw it away, but I found the box that it came in and says "LIFETIME WARRANTY" in big letters.

Any idea how I can return it and get a replacement? Even if I have to pay a small amount for shipping, it might be a worthwhile thing to do. I still have the receipt, but the store I bought it through isn't around anymore so they won't be able to help.

Ideas?

they don't even make Nvidia cards anymore. Plus the company isn't even owned by the same people anymore. You're probably out of luck

bernse

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2000
Actually, I found an email address on their website. I sent them a mail.
Thanks

Mavrick007

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2001
Let us know how it goes cause if they do replace it, it will probably be with something new but comparable.

chocoruacal

Golden Member
Nov 12, 2002
Originally posted by: cmdrdredd
Originally posted by: bernse

Ideas?

they don't even make Nvidia cards anymore. Plus the company isn't even owned by the same people anymore. You're probably out of luck

Now there's an intelligent response
rolleye.gif

Have you tried emailing Visiontek's technical support?!?! I would have done that before posting on a forum :confused: Of course Visiontek still honor's warranties on nVidia products. In fact, they sent me a new svid--composite adaptor for my old Visiontek Geforce2 card the other day, free of charge. It was very simple...I went to their website...found the email for customer/technical support...then emailed them.

Mingon

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2000
lifetime is defined as the lifetime of the product range - you are out of luck

bernse

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2000
They answered my email acknowledging the lifetime warranty was in effect. I just have to send them my card and receipt after emailing back the card serial # for an RGA.

Looks good! If Visiontek pulls through I'll be impressed!

AmdInside

Golden Member
Jan 22, 2002
Originally posted by: Mingon

This is stated in PNY's warranty information. I never saw this however in Visiontek's website.

Huma

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999

that's terrible seeing how many cards only last 1 year on the market before being replaced by new models.

Maggotry

Platinum Member
Dec 5, 2001

PNY told me "lifetime" means "as long as the product is commercially available in quantity".

bernse

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2000
Well I mailed it off today. They issued an RA# so I've got my fingers crossed. Maybe a couple weeks form now I'll have a new card!

Is the receipt absolutely necessary cause i don't think i kept my receipt.
thx

From their email they sent me:
In accordance with the Visiontek warranty agreement, proof of purchase is required to process warranty claims.

That is why I am anal with keeping paperwork. For the amount of room it takes up, everyone should keep their receipts as long as they are still using the product. Who knows if something like this will happen or not to you?

dmw16

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2000
if you bought it at a retail store w/ a CC you may be able to have them look up the reciept. Otherwise you may be outta luck. On the other hand, I RMAd a card to Palit and they wanted the reciept and I didnt have it and they RMAd anyway...good luck.
-doug

Pete

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Heh, I thought "lifetime" with Vtek was measured by the life of the company, not the card. ;) Good to hear they still supports their nV products, especially since I just bought a Vtek 9100.

bernse

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2000
**Updated**

Fed Ex just delivered to me a new GF3ti200. I was secretly hoping they would kindly send me a 9800, but I thought that might be a little too much to dream for!

So, the must have some inventory left from the old "Visiontek".

Other than hoping for a fancy new 9800 ;) I am quite pleased with their warranty service. I would recomend them to anyone.

If anyone wants to buy a new Visiontek GF3ti200 in an OEM static bag, let me know ;)

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
They replaced my GF3 Ti500 also. It took around 6 weeks, but it sure beat eating it!! Thanks VisionTek!!

Mavrick007

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2001
Oh well, too bad no newer card, but at least you have a working card now right?

Heh How much would you sell it for?

Salvador

Diamond Member
May 19, 2001
FYI.. FWIW.. Visiontek used to be located in the northern 'burbs of Chicago (Gurnee). I went by Visiontek's building one time when they were still at the Gurnee location. It was right across from Gurnee Mills. They went under a while back and some of the company resurfaced as BFG Technologies. They put up a shingle in Lake Bluff, IL. This is about 15 minutes from the old Gurnee location. I accidentally went by their place when I was test driving a Mini Cooper S in Lake Bluff at Knauz. The NEW Visiontek is in Iverness, IL. That's out in the northwestern suburbs near Barrington. That's about 30 minutes away from the old location.

That's very cool of Visiontek to support your old product that was produced back when the "old" Visiontek existed. They probably figure that they still have the Visiontek name, so they want to do what they can to keep their customers happy.

Sal

KristopherKubicki

Golden Member
Jul 31, 2002
Yeah, I have been to the Inverness location a couple times. Some of the board members of the Hartford group (VisionTek's parent company) used to go to a nearby countryclub of mine.

Kristopher

MDE

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Country club huh? Weird how they just kept popping up around here (Chicago). They seem to be really good about warranty reapirs. I'd say they're worth the extra cash if any.

SKORPI0

Lifer
Jan 18, 2000
Wow, I remember lining up for the GF3 Ti200 at Best Buy, Black Friday sale Dec 2001 @ $99 after MIR. I've given the card away and it still works.

From the VisionTek FAQ.....

All warranty claims can be initiated by contacting Technical Support by telephone or e-mail. The toll-free telephone number is 866-883-5411 and the e-mail address is supportrma@visiontek.com. All warranty claims for ATI-based cards require product registration and all claims for defective Nvidia-based cards require proof of purchase (receipt or box UPC code). All warranty claims are subject to a 10.00 shipping & handling fee.

Here's the contact details.

Corporate Headquarters

VisionTek.
A division of Hartford Computer Group, Inc.
1610 Colonial Parkway
Inverness, IL 60067 USA
Toll Free: (800) 680-4424
Phone (224) 836-3300
Fax (847) 645-9232
E-mail:
General Inquiries ? info@visiontek.com
Sales Department ? sales@visiontek.com
Human Resources ? hr@visiontek.com
Web Master ? webmaster@visiontek.com

Toll free tek support 1-866-VTEK-411 or support@visiontek.com