visiontech radeon 3870 for sale ebay $254.99 shipped, 89 available

taltamir

Lifer
Mar 21, 2004
don't jokingly call ebay egay, egay is a real site X.X

Anyways. What a total rip off... I bought an MSI OC 8800GT from dell for 207$ + tax with free shipping. 225.15$ total.

JPB

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2005
Yes, the majority now knows about the GT being that price at Dell. But maybe *some* people just don't want a GT and wants a 3870 instead. And it is actually cheaper than even Newegg. If he actually has that many.

By the way, I thought we weren't supposed to post Ebay links here on the forums ? Correct me if I'm wrong though.

AzN

Banned
Nov 26, 2001
must you pronounce you bought your 8800gt @ dell? I think anyone who reads this board knows that you bought it by now.

hclarkjr

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: JPB
Yes, the majority now knows about the GT being that price at Dell. But maybe *some* people just don't want a GT and wants a 3870 instead. And it is actually cheaper than even Newegg. If he actually has that many.

By the way, I thought we weren't supposed to post Ebay links here on the forums ? Correct me if I'm wrong though.

that is a rule in the for sale forum where you are not allowed to link to auctions for things you are selling

No auction style posts (take it to eBay). This includes links to auctions on other sites too.

No links to lists of items offered for sale, trade, etc. on other sites. Please list your items in your thread.

hclarkjr

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: razor2025
This is a cheap and under-handed way to circumvent the rules...

for those that are concerned about me breaking the rules i have contacted keysplayer2003 about this thread. so you can relax

taltamir

Lifer
Mar 21, 2004
Originally posted by: Azn
must you pronounce you bought your 8800gt @ dell? I think anyone who reads this board knows that you bought it by now.

Those people can buy the 3870 from dell.. ALSO at 220$... which is less then this ebay person is selling them for... oh, and you don't sacrifice your warranty.

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003
You h ave to remember, some people want instant gratification. I ordered a 3870 from newegg when they came in stock last week at $220 and had 1 day delivery because I wanted it during the long thanks giving weekend so i could enjoy crysis in half its graphical glory. :)

But they shipped it late and I didn't get it until monday anyway and It was too late for me to back out and wait for a better deal on a 8800 gt or maybe wait for the price to drop further on the 3870. :(

bryanW1995

Lifer
May 22, 2007
Originally posted by: taltamir

Anyways. What a total rip off... I bought an MSI OC 8800GT from dell for 207$ + tax with free shipping. 225.15$ total.

um, taltamir, how did you know that "egay" was a real site??? :shocked: never mind, I don't wanna know :)

how are we circumventing rules here? is hclarkjr the seller on that ebay site or something?

btw, if you can really get the $25 back with the ebay mastercard then it would only be $230 for a VT with a lifetime warranty. that's a great deal right now imho.

taltamir

Lifer
Mar 21, 2004
Originally posted by: bryanW1995
Originally posted by: taltamir

um, taltamir, how did you know that "egay" was a real site??? :shocked: never mind, I don't wanna know :)

how are we circumventing rules here? is hclarkjr the seller on that ebay site or something?

btw, if you can really get the $25 back with the ebay mastercard then it would only be $230 for a VT with a lifetime warranty. that's a great deal right now imho.

I head about youboob.com selling for 1.5 million dollars and I was browsing ebay at the moment when I thought... Gee, I should register egay.com and sell it and make a million bucks...

But alas, it was not meant to be. An early bird already got that worm.

bryanW1995

Lifer
May 22, 2007
Originally posted by: Stoneburner
You h ave to remember, some people want instant gratification. I ordered a 3870 from newegg when they came in stock last week at $220 and had 1 day delivery because I wanted it during the long thanks giving weekend so i could enjoy crysis in half its graphical glory. :)

But they shipped it late and I didn't get it until monday anyway and It was too late for me to back out and wait for a better deal on a 8800 gt or maybe wait for the price to drop further on the 3870. :(

yeah, but look on the bright side, at least you didn't watch someone else get egay's worm! :):)