Virginia news crew shot to death on air

Page 15 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Would not trigger riots, are you kidding me? I think a lot of people would volutarily surrender them. Those that don't? Oh well. As long as they keep their guns in their houses they won't have a problem unless they are discovered during some other legitimate search. No raids. Not needed.

I probably should have made clear that the process I laid out was to illustrate how simple it would be to implement gun control if that's what was decided, as a counter to all the ridiculous suggestions that federal law enforcement would need to go door to door seizing guns. It's a model that could apply to other solutions as well. Let's pretend that we decided that it would be a good idea to limit magazine capacity. People argue that you can't because there are too many magazines already out there. But the same model works. Restrict, buyback, etc.
Of course it would cause riots. A lot of us value of freedom more than handouts. A lot of us stand on our hind legs all the time, not just when begging for government treats. Sheesh.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Your mom told me about your micro-penis; it's OK to feel sad about it. Don't worry though, I'm sure there's a girl out there for you. She won't be attractive. Or smart. Or conscious. But I'm sure you can pretend she loves you anyway.
Ouch! 10/10 burn.

FDF12389

Diamond Member
Sep 8, 2005
Or Japan which happens to have one of the lowest gun murder rates in the world (.06 to our 10.64) and has no private hand gun ownership. I know there are many other factors as well, but surely the lack of access to hand guns plays a role. Being on island also helps. If we make hand guns illegal, there would probably be a brisk trade over the borders.

It is depressing to me that a first world nation like ours would have a gun murder rate 500x greater than that of another first world nation. Our gun murder rate is much more aligned with 3rd world nations than 1st world nations. We are one of the most violent places on earth and far far far more dangerous than ANY other first world nation. We are fucking up our country and should at least attempt to fix it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

Why the hell do people keep comparing "gun" murder rates. Murder is murder, if I'm dead I could give two shits what killed me. Look at the murder rates between countries and stop being a intentional moron.

Gun crime is at a 49 year low in America, what fucking problem are you trying to fix?

Murloc

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2008
The demographics of Brazil is pretty similar to the United States if you take out everyone say over the age of 50.
most of them are brown and the racial relations aren't the same though.
Plus they have a much worse inequality than the US, and overall poverty.

The US would have to be compared to a rich country. Like Canada. Except that in Canada most people are white or more recent immigrants.

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
We just need a market disruption, a Skin coating that is bullet proof, problem solved, guns worthless for murder.

jhbball

Platinum Member
Mar 20, 2002
Don't be so hard on yourself. Your mom told me about your micro-penis; it's OK to feel sad about it. Don't worry though, I'm sure there's a girl out there for you. She won't be attractive. Or smart. Or conscious. But I'm sure you can pretend she loves you anyway.

lol, nice.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Just wanted to touch base back in here and let you guys know there is at least a little good news to be seen in the aftermath of this crazy shit. Vicki Gardner, the woman who was being interviewed during the shooting and who was shot in the back, is out of the woods now after some rough healin.

The Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/GetWellVicki

Good video with confirmed follow up details of the shooting, plus some relaying from Gardener's husband, who was watching the interview when it went to shit. :( Sorry about the commercial. http://abc7.com/news/photos-show-su...ew-shooting-victim-sitting-up-smiling/972148/

Shooter had extra ammo and mags, wigs, extra license plates...and a shawl.