Virginia governor Northam (D) is toast

Page 19 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Where is the "they must be believed" crowd that had no problems speaking out against Kavanaugh?

Staring at your disingenuous concern. You quote my post about conservatives not practicing what they preach, while you do just that.

Wait, are you ok with the VA LT perjuring himself too?

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Kavanaughs term is longer so it’s more important to believe in that case. Also Dr Ford took a little detector test and it detected she told no lies.

Er...also Kavanaugh's job has huge implications for the entire country (and, I would say, for the world - given the Supreme Court's past record of rulling on things that directly influenced foreign policy). Some official in an obscure US state isn't of as much interest to anyone outside that state.

Personally I suspect I would believe the accuser if I looked into it, but I just can't muster the interest to read up on the details of the case, any more than I can with all the accusations that have probably been made against random blokes I've never heard of all over the world.

I still think Virginia should just go with black women for the top jobs though. Seems like it would save everyone a lot of bother.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
At best you could call it attempted rape. Difference being it was not done. And the intention of drunken frat boys, while easy to assume, are difficult to ascertain as they were more interested in wrestling / fighting with each other in a drunken stupor than actually forcing her clothes off or keeping her detained. Fact is they let her go, maybe because they realized she was not willing.

TL;DR, not raped.
Where did you get that misinformation?
Or do you not care to distinguish between, lets say... threats to murder VS actual murder?
You're right, I just forgot the details. Not rape. Sexual assault, yes, attempted rape, maybe... but not rape. Still, pretty egregious for a guy who would aspire to be a leader.

Mar 11, 2004
How about some self awareness? Do you respond this way every time you see someone use the word? Maybe you should try to avoid doing that.

As is becoming far too usual, the irony of your posts is so ridiculous that if it wasn't that you actually are relatively smart for modern conservatives, I'd laugh. Considering that you're showing a complete lack of self awareness, that you're seriously trying to call out anyone for that is, well it is making me actually laugh, and is far funnier than your actual attempts at making jokes, which seems to be you playing for what I assume is your preferred crowd of sad man-child 4Chan InCels. But then, I have a hunch that even they think you're weird and not like them, so the joke's still on you.

So how long before your brother tags in and you show that even combined you can't make your asinine arguments work. I get that you learned discourse in the South and via consumption of right wing media, but you two just parroting each other's idiocy doesn't magically make it work, it just highlights and reinforces how stupid it is and how neither one of you actually can make sound logical arguments. Or is it still his turn to push your buttons and twiddle your joy stick?

If (condition) then (response).

Yes, we get it, you've been as conditioned as Pavlov's dogs. See, you do have some self awareness. Oh, wait, you actually thought you were being clever and not highlighting your own behavior and how you're doing exactly what you were trying to dismiss others for. Hahahaha, holy shit. You really don't have any self awareness, do you?

Reactions: Meghan54
Mar 11, 2004
You're right, I just forgot the details. Not rape. Sexual assault, yes, attempted rape, maybe... but not rape. Still, pretty egregious for a guy who would aspire to be a leader.

No, he was accused of partaking in full on rape (gang rape more specifically, although not a specific situation, but rather that he was seen waiting in line for his turn on inebriated women at parties). No idea where he's claiming its "at best attempted rape" (which, not sure if its a Freudian slip that he used the phrase best in that manner). But then the person you're responding to had a bad habit of spreading misinformation with regards to that situation when it was happening, as he seems to in general.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Yes. I read where he has hired facial recognition experts to analyze the pics to confirm neither is him.

How would that work?

"The algorithms have proved I'm not the man in blackface picture on my page in the yearbook"

-"oh, so you're the dude underneath the sheets then."

"Uhhhh"

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
There is no constitutional right to a successful political career.
True, but it undermines the democratic process when an elected official can be forced to resign on the basis of nothing but accusation.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
True, but it undermines the democratic process when an elected official can be forced to resign on the basis of nothing but accusation.

Kinda weird due to timing.

If it came up before the election, even with very little investigation, he would have gone down in flames.

After the election? Nearly impossible to remove him.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
This toast is taking a long time to cook
Burnt? Black?

OK, I saw an interesting piece tonight on the CBS national news. Polled Virginians (I think it was Virginians) were evenly split (47% to 47%) on whether the governor should stop down. But among black voters they were 60% in favor of him staying in office. So, my thinking (previously explained in detail in this thread) that him engaging in that prank when in his academic studies does not scandalize him for life. There's just so much else that could be dirt on him in much worse ways. So many politicians don't really care about people or are corrupt. Many are just very unknowing about fundamental concepts and history. He doesn't strike me as obviously a weasel.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
This yearbook page surfaced today. The entire page is for Ralph Northam.

DyWhaUVX4AAmz7u
gov northam isn't stepping down.

can VA voters recall him, like the CA voters did to the California gov? (and Arnold became the new calif gov)

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Funny how you had no concerns over Kavanaugh at the time...

You’re right, I don’t believe in guilty until proven innocent and that goes for Mr Fairfax as well. I also don’t believe in guilt by accusation and that people’s careers should be ended based on he said / she said from decades ago.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
As of today I would say the Govenor`s job is his to lose!
A lot of people wanting to give him a 2nd chance, including many colored people!!!
Thread closed! Nothing more to see -- move on!!

Last edited:

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
As of today I would say the Govenor`s job is his to lose!
A lot of people wanting to give him a 2nd chance, includ9ing many colored people!!!
Thread closed! Nothing more to see -- move on!!
higher percentage of blacks favor him than non-blacks at this point. BFD, my take.

Jan 25, 2011
Gotta say when I started the thread I couldn’t predict the mountain of shit that Virginia would throw out there. The Lt. Gov seems to be the only one truly in peril.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
You’re right, I don’t believe in guilty until proven innocent and that goes for Mr Fairfax as well. I also don’t believe in guilt by accusation and that people’s careers should be ended based on he said / she said from decades ago.

Just throwing fuel on every little fire that pops up. Maybe they'll all add up to the conflagration that burns it all down, huh?

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Does it get repetitive typing out the same response over and over? I’d think it would, but that’s just me.