Virginia governor Northam (D) is toast

Page 18 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Lol...there's no deflection in my post, too funny man.

I left shame at the door when conservatives discarded theirs. What's good for the goose.
"LOL conservatives!" It's like I'm communicating with a predictable NPC bot. You are so oblivious, you just can't help yourself.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
"LOL conservatives!" It's like I'm communicating with a predictable NPC bot. You are so oblivious, you just can't help yourself.

Haha, the projection is strong with this one. Nobody is forcing you to reply to me, so it's a wonder you keep doing it.

LoL, NPC bot, good one! Oh! my feels!

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Doing what? Pointing out your use of a phrase that came out of a certain community? I don't know if you're a member of that community but it is certainly an odd word choice.
How about some self awareness? Do you respond this way every time you see someone use the word? Maybe you should try to avoid doing that.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Politically expediant. It's the same reason McConnell held an open SCOTUS position for almost 1 year and Donald Trump hires almost all white guys to work in the West Wing and you never asked why.

Don't forget that he picks a lot of his inner circle from nursing homes.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Kind of obviously pandering to the crowd wouldn't you say?

How many would fall for this type of fake BS. If he stays he should appoint the best qualified for the job regardless of their color or gender.
You never complained Trump doesn't hire best for the job. By the results we clearly know they weren't

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
How about some self awareness? Do you respond this way every time you see someone use the word? Maybe you should try to avoid doing that.

Not a word but a phrase, that previously was only used here by some of the worst trolls on this board.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

When someone uses the word in the context that you did (as opposed to talking about role-playing-games), it absolutely does merit that response.

But you've said you are a libertarian not an alt-rightist, and personally I can believe that. (I mean, who would claim to be a libertarian who was not one? It's not a form of praise as far as I'm concerned.)

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
“We are now at the 400-year anniversary — just 90 miles from here in 1619. The first indentured servants from Africa landed on our shores in Old Point Comfort, what we call now Fort Monroe, and while—,” Northam said, before King cut him off.

“Also known as slavery,” King said.

“Yes,” Northam responded.
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...northam-for-referring-to-slaves-as-indentured

I'm going to guess that statements like that are not the best way to prove to people that you would be comfortable with your daughter marrying a black guy.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I'm going to guess that statements like that are not the best way to prove to people that you would be comfortable with your daughter marrying a black guy.

I've read a few posts on twitter that say that is true, the first blacks were brought here then as indentured servants and the evolution into slavery is actually a pretty important part of the history. So Northam could be being accurate here.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Everything isn't about Trump... You don't need to drag him around with you 24/7.
It will be. Trump is the Republican albatross. His white privilege allows Republicans to completely drop all standards of decency, responsibility and malfeasance in office.

Obama, scandal was wearing a tan suit
Trump disses a POWs and gold star families, Republicans don't care.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
It will be. Trump is the Republican albatross. His white privilege allows Republicans to completely drop all standards of decency, responsibility and malfeasance in office.

Well that's a strange example.

After the attacks on both Clintons, on Warren, on AOC, you think the smear campaign against Obama was anything special? What, did all the other Democrats lack "white privilege? It has nothing to do with race. The logic is pretty simple, Republican good, Democrat bad. Do not cloud it by adding exterior motives.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005

It seems he is your personal Albatross. You don't miss a chance to insert him in nearly every topic you post to...

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Haha, guess you think you got me pegged. Conservatives, want others to adhere to standards they aren't willing to.

Btw, I did not get my conversations crossed.

You can still fuck off with your bs concerns.

Where is the "they must be believed" crowd that had no problems speaking out against Kavanaugh?

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Kavanaughs term is longer so it’s more important to believe in that case. Also Dr Ford took a little detector test and it detected she told no lies.