Virginia governor Northam (D) is toast

Page 17 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Kind of obviously pandering to the crowd wouldn't you say?

How many would fall for this type of fake BS. If he stays he should appoint the best qualified for the job regardless of their color or gender.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
LOL! No. We discussed this in the Kavanaugh thread. Polygraphs (so-called "lie detector") tests are 100% bullshit. They have ALWAYS been 100% bullshit. It should be an embarrassment to believe in them, suggest one, administer one, or participate in one. Society needs to mock this the same way we do flat-earthers or anti-vaxxers. Judges need to scoff and start reprimanding people for bringing them up as any kind of "evidence."
I blame Dr. Phil for conditioning America into believing a lie detector test is the deliverer of gospel.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Ooh, my feels! Lol....what a joke conservatives turned out to be.
Yes. Denouncing bullshit about polygraphs is a shameful "conservative" thing. Suuure.

I am a libertarian. Socially liberal. Fiscally conservative. Also a diehard never-Trumper.Here come the comments disparaging libertarianism...
You probably thought you had me pegged, Mr. Ideologue.

Last edited:
Reactions: pcgeek11

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Yes. Denouncing bullshit about polygraphs is a shameful "conservative" thing. Suuure.

I am a libertarian. Socially liberal. Fiscally conservative. Also a diehard never-Trumper.Here come the comments disparaging libertarianism...
You probably thought you had me pegged, Mr. Ideologue.

No, I know who you are based on your posting history. Guess what, it doesn't fucking matter. Conservatives have no legs to stand on. Youre concerned about misrepresentation and disingenuous bullshit? Lol....cry me a river.

Guess what, I'm socially liberal, fiscally conservative, and registered independent. I also dgaf about your opinions.

Oh, and I voted libertarian a couple times.

So fuck off with your deep concern, you replied to my post first, not the other way around.

Last edited:
Reactions: Victorian Gray

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
No, I know who you are based on your posting history. Guess what, it doesn't fucking matter. Conservatives have no legs to stand on. Youre concerned about misrepresentation and disingenuous bullshit? Lol....cry me a river.

Guess what, I'm socially liberal, fiscally conservative, and registered independent. I also dgaf about your opinions.

So fuck off with your deep concern, you replied to my post first, not the other way around.

Godzilla we’ve got some e-tough guys around here. You probably typed that with a straight face too

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Godzilla we’ve got some e-tough guys around here. You probably typed that with a straight face too

Resident concern troll comes out to play. How's burnin' it down going today? Is it everything you hoped for? Maybe you should pm me again to complain about it.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Resident concern troll comes out to play. How's burnin' it down going today? Is it everything you hoped for? Maybe you should pm me again to complain about it.

Don’t want to, there’s no telling what an e-badass like yourself is capable of. After flexing how tough you are in the post above I think everyone on here knows they’ve better watch out. Only thing I’m concerned about is my safely now. Wowza!

Reactions: brandonbull

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Don’t want to, there’s no telling what an e-badass like yourself is capable of. After flexing how tough you are in the post above I think everyone on here knows they’ve better watch out. Only thing I’m concerned about is my safely now. Wowza!

LOL, yes the pm was pathetic, I'd be embarrassed too. Votes for Trump, cries about "name calling" in pm. Haha, you guys are funny.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
OK, please explain to me. I've seen myriad scandals involving politicians, people who are prominent in public life, particularly recently, I'm thinking. Where I live and where I grew up (N. CA, and S. CA respectively), I've never heard of anyone wearing black face. I've never lived in "the South." VA, I suppose, would be considered The South, maybe not the deep South, dunno.

What does it signify that this guy when going to med school was involved in some prankish behavior and he wore black face when partying and had a picture of this published in the year book? Strikes me that Kavanaugh raping that girl was many times worse. I don't get why this guy has to immediately resign. I'm not saying he shouldn't! I'm just saying I don't comprehend the outrage, the cultural context of this bruhaha. Does this guy having engaged in this behavior stamp him as racist? Is he necessarily biased with regard to black Americans by virtue of this? Is he denigrating blacks? Is he disparaging them? Is he "making fun of them?" Arguably he's imitating them. Maybe even saying he'd like to be black or at least enjoy being black temporarily. Is that disparagement?

There was a famous book written, "Black Like Me." It was written by IIRC a white reporter/journalist/writer who underwent treatments that made him appear to be African American. He then lived a kind of underground life, experienced life as an African American for quite a while and then wrote his book, explained the incites he had about what it meant to be black in America.

Is what the governor of VA did so much different? Yeah, it's different. But people used to do that a lot and get paid to do it in public in the minstrel shows.

Look... People cross dress. People get sex change operations. People want to inhabit other people's identities as a way of seeing beyond themselves. Why are people so offended by this instance of that kind of activity?

This will explain it to you.
Virginia scandals pit Democrats against themselves and their message

BTW, Kavanaugh was accused of sexual assault, not rape.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002

LOL! I somehow thought we were discussing the polygraph thing. Got my conversations crossed.

Good to see the way you react though. Mr. Vitriol.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
LOL, I somehow thought we were discussing the polygraph thing. Got my conversations crossed.

Good to see the way you react though. Mr. Vitriol.

Haha, guess you think you got me pegged. Conservatives, want others to adhere to standards they aren't willing to.

Btw, I did not get my conversations crossed.

You can still fuck off with your bs concerns.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Sexual assault can include rape. Iirc, sexual assaults definition changes by state.

So you're saying Kavanaugh was accused of actually committing rape (not presumably attempting to do so), but some states just call it "sexual assault?"

Can you link anything regarding the rape accusation? Just curious.

If no such accusation was made, then I think you haven't made a point here.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Lol, u on drugs?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_assault?wprov=sfla1

Just reply back when you're done editing the wiki page. I'd love to see your updates.
Done

So you're saying Kavanaugh was accused of actually committing rape (not presumably attempting to do so), but some states just call it "sexual assault?"

Can you link anything regarding the rape accusation? Just curious.

If no such accusation was made, then I think you haven't made a point here.

My point: It seems like you stated (in a round-about way) that Kavanaugh committed rape, but some states just call it "sexual assault."

Last edited:

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Done

Point being, you basically argued that Kavanaugh committed rape.

Where's your updates?

Point being, I replied specifically to lanyap about the definition of sexual assault.

You assumed the rest.

In the words of another illustrious conservative poster, good job!

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Where's your updates?

Point being, I replied specifically to lanyap about the definition of sexual assault.

You assumed the rest.

In the words of another illustrious conservative poster, good job!

For your perusal:

Strikes me that Kavanaugh raping that girl was many times worse. I don't get why this guy has to immediately resign. I'm not saying he shouldn't! I'm just ...
Sexual assault can include rape. Iirc, sexual assaults definition changes by state.

Simplified:

OK? This seems like an implication (by you) that Kavanaugh was accused of committing a rape.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
For your perusal:

Show me where I agreed or supported muses's statement.

I mean, it's not like it would've mattered even if kavanaugh had, LOL, conservatives like to pretend they care about that stuff. But really, she just shouldn't dress like that and have drinks.

Again, since this seems like a tough one for you, I responded specifically to lanyap regarding the definition of sexual assault, and how in CAN include rape.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Show me where I agreed or supported muses's statement.

I mean, it's not like it would've mattered even if kavanaugh had, LOL, conservatives like to pretend they care about that stuff. But really, she just shouldn't dress like that and have drinks.

Again, since this seems like a tough one for you, I responded specifically to lanyap regarding the definition of sexual assault, and how in CAN include rape.
Your non-sequitur reply to Lanyap doesn't make any sense in context. So maybe you're saying that your implication was unintentional (ha!). What about the "LOL conservatives!" deflection here? No shame!

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Your non-sequitur reply to Lanyap doesn't make any sense in context. So maybe you're saying that your implication was unintentional (ha!). What about the "LOL conservatives!" deflection here? No shame!

LOL, it was indeed directed at lanyap and the definition of sexual assault specifically. That much was clear, and guess what, Lanyap responded perfectly.

Ah yes, shame, something I'm supposed to have but conservatives don't need to, sounds familiar.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
LOL, it was indeed directed at lanyap and the definition of sexual assault specifically. That much was clear, and guess what, Lanyap responded perfectly.

Ah yes, shame, something I'm supposed to have but conservatives don't need to, sounds familiar.
Keep on deflecting! Still no shame. Grow up.