Virginia eliminates Death penalty

Nov 8, 2012
Personally I'd rather take the death penalty than live a life in prison forever.

To each their own I guess - but eliminating it is stupidity. At least give people an option at minimal.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Personally I'd rather take the death penalty than live a life in prison forever.

To each their own I guess - but eliminating it is stupidity. At least give people an option at minimal.
The problem with the death penalty is that when a mistake is made, there ain't no do over. Mistakes are made, innocent people are killed, that doesn't work for me.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015

Eliminating the possibility of the state murdering an innocent person: stupid.

Giving criminals the ability to short circuit their own punishment: not stupid.

You're either hilariously fucking stupid, or a brilliantly written AI program designed to elicit mockery.

Either way, thanks for the laugh.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

maybe you should be put in a situation to make that choice?

Or, you could always seek the thoughts of those that sit on death row for a decade or more, and ask what they would choose.