Virgin Festival in Baltimore August 3 - the high school nostalgia tour?

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Link

Anyone from the DC/Baltimore area planning on going? I went last year to the inaugural event and it was great (saw the Killers, Chili Peppers, the Who etc.) Of course, the tickets were only $70 each when I bought 'em off Craigslist--right now they're $175 each for general lawn admission!! But look at the line-up! You think its worth it?

KarmaPolice

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
I want to go..but this goes back to the thread I made.

Virgin festival, Lollapalooza and a Daft Punk concert OR full paid week trip to brazil

mrjminer

Platinum Member
Dec 2, 2005
Funny, in high school the tickets were much cheaper. Especially considering that 75% of the bands on this festival blow.

Incubus + (someone else I can't remember) = $40
Zwan + Queens of the Stone Age = $45
Korn (suck) + Deadsy (suck) + Puddle of Mudd (why I went) = $40
3 Doors Down + Jimmy Eat World + (someone else) = $45

So... I spent about the same amount of money as the craigslist cost and I saw 6 bands that were wicked, instead of seeing 2 good bands (Incubus + SP) and one band that isn't have bad except their singer is a jerkoff (Police).

Even if the original price was $70, I probably could find something better when I was in high school (except the pumpkins, even if it isn't the original lineup)

Farbio

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2000
i've seen the pumpkins 2x in concert and was horribly dissappointed by them each time....loved all their albums, siamese dream was a hs anthem album for me and i wouldn't pay this much for them.
perhaps for police or velvet revolver, but neither of them are worth 175 to get in the gate!