Viper GTS's get beat for the first time EVER in the American Lemans Series :(

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Damn Corvettes :| You may have one the battle, but YOU LOST THE WAR (12 STRAIGHT Amercian Lemans Series wins for the Viper GTS; guess the Dodge team hit unlucky 13). Your asses got DOMINTATED in the American Lemans Series and the 24 Hours of Lemans for the past 4 years (Oreca kicks bowtie butt;)). One race is not enough to beat the bad boys at Dodge.

Two Vipers going out in a race is a rarety (102 degree track temperatures and 180 degree cockpit temperatures).

But you wait, your ASSES will get OWNED again next race. The Viper will have so much venom in their fangs that they will paralyze Fellows and Pilgrim for life. You had better watch your back for the all new GTS-R coming withing the next year and a half. You Vette boys will be sucking it down harder when it hits the tracks.

So you guys can have your ONE victory. That's OK, but you still have a long way to go before you can ever reach "Snake" status :p

On a lighter note, my boys at Audi won the race :D

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
It was a pretty good race.That must have sucked for the radio to go out on the Audi.

I normally could care less if the Vipers or the vettes won but I like Team Oreca.

Chooie

Platinum Member
Nov 8, 1999
He's not the only fanatic on this board ;) NFS4, I feel your rage :)

RSI

Diamond Member
May 22, 2000
I bet a Honda Civic would kick all their asses.

Of course this Honda Civic came from the same place as Loo-zer's Integra Type-R :D

-RSI

lupin

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 1999
I personally don't care about Corvette and Viper racing.

Team ORECA is a great team though.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
NASCAR SUCKS ASS!! NASCAR BLOWS!! NASCAR IS CRAP!! Haven you seen those mofos try to go around a road course? They wallow through curves like a Lincoln Towncar :)

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Yeah, that's why he laughing. Go ahead and laugh. You're gonna get bitten by the snake too ;)

Pocatello

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Nah, I like the GTS, but if GM wants to win, it will. I've read about those Corvettes for a few months now, they were designed to be beat the GTS at its own game. Here is an interesting story back in 1962 when 'vettes took on the Shelby Cobra

"in October 1962, four brand new Vette Z06s were driven from the St. Louis factory, all the way to California to compete in a major endurance race. Despite Carroll Shelby debuting his then-new Cobra at the same event, it was the fresh-out-of-the-box Z06 that took the checkered flag."

link http://www.thecarconnection.com/consumer/Reviews/sports-exotics/000731_WalkerVetteZ06.asp?idSection=006&idCategory=09

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
One win, bah. The new GTS-R will RAPE the Corvettes even more ;)

Farbio

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2000
i watched a bit of the race, and like pocatella said, the c5r was designed to beat the vipers, which it did. yet again, one upmanship, although i have no doubt that chryco will come back w/ something to blow out the c5r.

anyways, i thought the coolest part of the race was watching the nite racing and just watching the brake rotors. no matter how many times i see the whole rotors glow bright red, it never gets old:)

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I know, I could watch the brake rotors for hours. Also, those carbon fiber brakes cool down just as quickly as they heat up :)

lupin

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 1999
"watching the brake rotors. no matter how many times i see the whole rotors glow bright red, it never gets old "

Last night I was driving on the highway, 65 mph. Then comes the thunderstorm.

Lots of thunder, and I saw 2-3 threes about 1/4 mile away got hit by lightning. Glows bright blue..

Now that's cool.

:)

Sephiroth_IX

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 1999

<< The new GTS-R will RAPE the Corvettes even more >>

Oooooook GUTB...

Anyway, for all us true American car lovers, we know that the Corvette is the original and still the best American sportscar out there. It's all in the history boys. Driving a vette is a classic experience, whereas a Viper is just something made to be faster than a Corvette.

Do you think GM could blow the doors off the Viper if it wanted? Probably. With some R&amp;D dollars and some power pumping engine additions, the Viper would be gone in a heartbeat.

Why dont they? They don't have to. Corvette is sold by name and style - just like Harley Davidson.

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
NFS4,

No matter how many times the Viper wins, it will never achieve the status, lineage, or heritage of the Vette.:D

Russ, NCNE

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< . It's all in the history boys. Driving a vette is a classic experience, whereas a Viper is just something made to be faster than a Corvette. >>

The Viper has a history...it's called the Shelby Cobra (for the RT/10) and the Cobra Daytona Coupe (for the GTS) :D

And I'm quite sure that GM has many times more money than Dodge. They're the largest manufacturer in the world. They are just lazy ;)