Violence Against Women Act, PATRIOT Act, and Mondale Act

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
What's the point of those laws? Have they made us better off as a society, or have they just been an illusion to some people that government protects people from terrorism and violence? I mean, if women or people who feel threatened by terrorists are going to have to rely on the government for everything, then eventually they're going to not feel self-sufficient.

Don't they do more bad than good? Think about the Duke Lacrosse Players. They got ripped of their shit and their Constitutional Rights because of Walter Mondale's ass (the NC Atty Gen. was slow to investigate the case because he was worried that NC would get stripped of their Federal funding if they went against their rape shield law). I seriously doubt the number of rapes has gone down since the Mondale Act was passed. Rapists have such low self-control that they're not going to be deterred by the law. The best that can deter them are women carrying firearms around, which, of course, liberals like Mondale would never allow.

Don't even get me started about the PATRIOT Act, we all know that's costed a shitload of money to enforce, when we could be even safer and save money by pulling out of the Middle East.

They're Unconstitutional as they violate several Amendments, so I don't see how those 3 laws could make us better off.

If someone can tell me how VAWA, the Mondale Act, or the PATRIOT Act have made us better off as a society, then I'd love to hear it. Statistics are more than welcome.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
As far as the Patriot Act, some that supported it would tout that we hadn't been attacked and Bush kept us safe as proof it worked, well I doubt those same people are going to say Obama has kept us safe and it's further proof that it works.

Laws that target specific gender, or race are ridiculous feel good laws. Rape was a crime before, it isn't any more of a crime because you pass a law.

Status
Not open for further replies.