Vietnamese Man hasn't really slept since 1962.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Maybe not quite no sleep at all, but I have to wonder if he ever gets REM when it's an hour or two at a time and only under heavy inebriation. I didn't think it was humanly possible to survive without REM. I suffer insomnia mainly due to chronic pain, but I at least sleep a few hours a day.

Really cool video though, it's a beautiful country. The old guy and his wife were really welcoming and cute.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Awesome video. Thanks for sharing.

What I noticed is the people in the countryside of Vietnam live very normal simple lives. And yet, they are very happy. Yea, I know its only a 25m video, and its heavily edited, but there is some truth to my happiness claim. When I lived in Thailand I was able to visit Korat with my then Thai girlfriend. I noticed the same. People living simple lives, but they seemed so content. I currently live in NJ, and it just seems the opposite. Sure, there are nice people but many people that I meet in my area seem so angry. Many people do not smile. If you smile back they look at you very negatively. And yet, they have money. Nice cars, homes. Something is missing though.