vietcong?

sash1

Diamond Member
Jul 20, 2001
Anyone have this game yet?

It looks really cool and I thinking about picking it up..

~Aunix

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
I don't have it yet so I voted, "nope - j00 = l4m3r and will get ownD." :)

For those of you who want a bit more info on the game go here: Vietcong for the PC :)

jaeger66

Banned
Jan 1, 2001
Got a nice little writeup on GoneGold, but the lack of save anywhere means I won't be buying it.

idNut

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2002
I personally love "In the line of sight: Vietnam". That game is fantastic and only going for $30. Get the demo if you've never played it.

axia55

Platinum Member
May 22, 2001
I have been playing that and Raven Shield tonight. I like VC cause it is a different setting than any other game out there, but I think RS is a more fun game over all. Can't go wrong with either

LandRover

Golden Member
Sep 30, 2000
IMO, Vietcong is a top notch FPS.
It also has a lot more depth than your average shooter.

MyGamer.com just put up a review of it today.

LandRover

Golden Member
Sep 30, 2000
Telefragged Review

"No wonder we lost the war... it's hard to aim at 15 frames per second." -IGN
Some people are having major slow downs due to the games copy protection. Using a NO CD patch takes care of that problem.

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
Is it worth $35? (cost in the UK) or woul dit be better getting something else?

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
I personally did not like the demo, unless I am thinking of something else. The demo I played really was not a FPS. You controlled a platoon of soldiers ranging from infantry, to a medic, to a sniper along with a tank or two. Then you told which people where to move (similar to starcraft). Am I thinking the wrong game here?

marksman1uhm1

Feb 10, 2002
Originally posted by: Staley8
I personally did not like the demo, unless I am thinking of something else. The demo I played really was not a FPS. You controlled a platoon of soldiers ranging from infantry, to a medic, to a sniper along with a tank or two. Then you told which people where to move (similar to starcraft). Am I thinking the wrong game here?

You are definitely thinking of the wrong game. This Vietcong (see http://www.vietcong-game.com/) is a true FPS. I've been playing the multiplayer demo on-line for months! You can play capture the flag, deatmatch or rescue the downed pilot on one board of the full game. I'm ready to upgrade to the full version, though.

marksman1uhm1

Feb 10, 2002
Originally posted by: Lonyo
Is it worth $35? (cost in the UK) or woul dit be better getting something else?

I've been looking at the games offered on Ebay. You can get one shipped to you from Thailand (w/o box or manual) for about $25 (see my other VC thread). The cost per hour for that kind of entertainment is hard to beat!

idNut

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2002
Nah, I'd rather get Line of Sight: Vietnam, only $20 and I thought it was very well done. It's on my list to buy. Speaking of Vietnam games, I can't believe they're making Battlefield Vietnam. :Q