[videocardz] Vega postponed a few times according to aibs

Status
Not open for further replies.

tential

Diamond Member
May 13, 2008
Although no one will officially confirm this, AMD Vega was postponed few times (according to AIBs). The reason for the delay is not related to any yield issues, but performance. AMD is clearly trying to boost it by optimizing software to the very last moment. This might also explain missing reviews of Frontier (even from the most trusted tech sites). The reality is that the very first person to provide gaming benchmarks of Vega Frontier is probably going to have the most popular content in months.
https://videocardz.com/70511/amd-radeon-vega-frontier-features-gaming-mode

Pcper has a card on order. Will be interesting to see who gets their reviews out first. Or just even the first comparable bench.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I'd be interested to see their performance. Not changing my card anytime soon but it's nice to see how it will compare.

ddogg

Golden Member
May 4, 2005
I'd be interested to see their performance. Not changing my card anytime soon but it's nice to see how it will compare.
Same. I was waiting for Vega at the start of the year but when the 1080Ti dropped I decided to get it. I'm not surprised if this is indeed true. The pathetic Vega demo at CES was the first warning lights that Vega might have performance issues.

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Guys, we already have a whole thread dedicated to Vega leaks and rumors. And this doesn't really bring anything new to warrant a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.