Question [Videocardz] 6600 Details

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010

No MSRP is given, not that it matters.

One thing notable is that the article mentions that there's an "up to" qualifier for the 8 GB of memory. So there might be 4 GB models released at some point.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
I'm not having any luck trying to OC my card. I've seen where people are able to crank up all the sliders and they are being held back by how far the Radeon software allows the slider to move. I'm pretty new at this so I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing wrong or the Heaven extreme 1600x900 benchmark settings or something else. I'm getting inconsistent benchmarks that just don't make much sense.

It's installed in the rig in my sig. I did make it possible for resizable bar in my UEFI and have it enabled in Radeon settings. Could this be an issue?

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
@VirtualLarry

Does your Sapphire Pulse RX6600 fan make a god awful noise if you manually set the fan curve? Mine makes a terrible noise as it ramps up and If it hangs at a certain rpm the noise is loud and constant. I think it's around 1800 to 1950 rpm.