[video] woman gets tased for not backing it up

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Ask and ye shall receive.

mallguy.jpg

awesome

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
While I respect what the guys doing he's going to be dead in less than a year if that keeps up.

Lifted

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2004
He deserves the $20k, and much more. The Atlanta police are probably making $120k to sit on their ass, eat donuts, and write tickets, while 5 or 6 drug dealers and dealing at a mall across from city hall with not a cop in site... even after calling 911.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
He deserves the $20k, and much more. The Atlanta police are probably making $120k to sit on their ass, eat donuts, and write tickets, while 5 or 6 drug dealers and dealing at a mall across from city hall with not a cop in site... even after calling 911.

Yeah, how come the cop's haven't stationed a couple of beat guys there?

I'm sure that there must be somewhere there that serves coffee and doughnuts. :p

Apr 17, 2003
Odd... I wasn't aware the drafters of the Second Amendment were primarily concerned about hunting deer. I suppose if the deer ganged together and dressed in red coats, indian feathers, and/or whatever our government guys were wearing, I could see your rationale.

Odd...I wasn't aware the drafters of the Second Amendment were aware of the existence of any sort of automatic weapon either.

I wasn't aware that Adam Smith was aware of the bundling of mortgage backed securities and credit default swaps when advocated laissez faire policies.

I always found strict interpretation of a documents pertaining to political governance written over 200 years ago to be bit naive...to say the least.

Apr 17, 2003

Not really:

https://www.joinatlantapd.org/salaryandbenefits.htm

Most of the bread and butter for Cops comes in the form of OT pay, which varies dramatically amongst cities.

ATL allows 11 hours of OT per month so if you take the top 57k salary, and divide it by 2000 hours (approximately a 40 hour work week), that comes out to about $28.50 an hour. Double that for OT and you get ~$60 a hour for 11 hours a month x 12 months a year and that comes to about another ~$7500 a year.

I know cops in the LAPD, on the other hand, who easily make over 100k because LAPD has very little over site / enforcement of OT pay. It's kind of like an unspoken understanding that management will look the other way.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
They must have learned that escalation and harassment is the best course of action at some place in their lives. Perhaps their reputation is all they have to lose.
Agree. Look at her kids, they are doing the same thing. All aggression. So much anger and lack of reason.

Anyway, the way she went stiff and toppled there isn't a person here who didn't laugh. And she did all this in front of her kids, what an absolutely delightful lady and a wonderful mother.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
I don't see how one video posted on the Internet of a specific event warrants all this money being thrown at him. If people feel the need to part with their money so easily, so be it.

"One video?" Did you even see the one from the next day?

Also, he has recorded many other incidents.

Hugh Jass

Golden Member
Nov 17, 2011
Ghetto trash...forget tasing...he should have shot them all...dead.

World would be a better place.

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
getting ridiculous. KAMC (Kick Ass Mall Cop) needs to tone it down a notch. weed ain't no drug to get all worked up about. place look like a ghetto hang out. wonder how many people go there now just to see KAMC?

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
getting ridiculous. KAMC (Kick Ass Mall Cop) needs to tone it down a notch. weed ain't no drug to get all worked up about. place look like a ghetto hang out. wonder how many people go there now just to see KAMC?

Pretty sure it's the "dealin'" part he's worked up about. Also, the guy who picked it up interfered and now the cops don't have anything concrete on the dealer. Now the dealer is free to come back and take his revenge when he would have had repercussions. I'd be just as mad at the people interfering.

brigden

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2002
While I applaud his efforts to keep undesirables at bay, I fear the attention is going to end up getting him killed, either through an emboldened and inflated sense of authority or at the hands of one of the thugs he's pissed off.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
I wonder if this is in the same area:

Waffle House charges 20% security fee
The bill at one location in Atlanta includes a surcharge to keep customers safe.
By Kim Peterson 3 hours ago

The potential for nefarious activity is so great at one Waffle House that it now charges customers a 20% fee to pay for security.

The surcharge is only at the Waffle House in the Underground Atlanta shopping center, a place so sketchy that Yelp reviewers say you should only go there if you're in the mood for a fistfight, a palm reading, fake gold jewelry or an aggressive shakedown for spare change. Don't bring a lot of cash, don't make eye contact with anyone and don't show fear, reviewers advise.

There's only one 24-hour establishment in that shopping area: the Waffle House. Which brings us back to that 20% fee. It helps pay for an off-duty Atlanta police officer to work at the restaurant seven days a week, the company told NBC News.

Waffle House tried to put a positive spin on the fee, calling it a "property management surcharge." But that caused some confusion, spokesman Pat Warner told NBC News. So the restaurant decided just to tell it like it is.

Other restaurants might simply roll the security fee into menu prices. But there are so many Waffle Houses in Atlanta that people would surely notice the higher fees at the Underground location, the company told NBC.