Video shows Louisiana police stunning, punching, dragging Black man during fatal arrest

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

m8d

Nov 5, 2012
You know you done fucked up when Trump’s Justice Department opens a Civil Rights case on your asses.

Still can’t believe they sat on this video for 2 years pretending they did nothing wrong the whole time.
Its Louisiana.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
Most likely every day.
Every hour? I mean cops often are under a requirement to meet quotas for arrests tickets etc and I'm sure there's a lot of fabrication. How many of us have been pulled over for speeding when you weren't actually speeding?

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
Every hour? I mean cops often are under a requirement to meet quotas for arrests tickets etc and I'm sure there's a lot of fabrication. How many of us have been pulled over for speeding when you weren't actually speeding?

This has never happened to me. Then again, I am white, so that might be why.

Few years back I watched 3 police officers rip up my neighbors property without a warrant when they decided they must be growing pot. That family never did drugs in their life, and was absolutely clean. They came home to find their out building doors smashed, and the contents dumped on the ground in a massive mess. No paperwork or any indication has to who did it.

and yea, the police did get away with it. Ever since then I have decided police are a coin flip. 50/50 you will get one that is not evil.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
This has never happened to me. Then again, I am white, so that might be why.

Few years back I watched 3 police officers rip up my neighbors property without a warrant when they decided they must be growing pot. That family never did drugs in their life, and was absolutely clean. They came home to find their out building doors smashed, and the contents dumped on the ground in a massive mess. No paperwork or any indication has to who did it.

and yea, the police did get away with it. Ever since then I have decided police are a coin flip. 50/50 you will get one that is not evil.

It's amazing how how different experiences are between white and black Americans when it comes to police interactions. I mean if you look at what DOJ uncovered in Ferguson and in Baltimore or what we know about stop and frisk in NY it's shocking.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
It's amazing how how different experiences are between white and black Americans when it comes to police interactions. I mean if you look at what DOJ uncovered in Ferguson and in Baltimore or what we know about stop and frisk in NY it's shocking.
and they're making it illegal to discuss systemic racism in Texas schools. Keep me the fuck out of Texas.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
and they're making it illegal to discuss systemic racism in Texas schools. Keep me the fuck out of Texas.

It's happening pretty much everywhere the GOP controls the state legislature. It's all part of the "culture wars". Keep their voters scared about who is using the bathroom, playing sports, or "criticizing America". The latter is why social issues like race can't be discussed. It's unAmerican to admit that we've not lived up to our ideals.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
It's happening pretty much everywhere the GOP controls the state legislature. It's all part of the "culture wars". Keep their voters scared about who is using the bathroom, playing sports, or "criticizing America". The latter is why social issues like race can't be discussed. It's unAmerican to admit that we've not lived up to our ideals.
Guys I'm starting to think that when the GOP claimed they were the party against censoring speech and ideas that they were lying.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The AP has video clips posted in this article:

Not for the faint of heart. Those cops deserve to face a death penalty case for this, but since it happened in Louisiana they'll probably just get a "good job" slap on the back. The only way they'll be prosecuted is if the Feds take the case (which they should just based on the video evidence).

Yeah, ain't that the truth. For every good cop (they exist, I've actually met a few), there are five more who are just dumb cockroaches with guns and who are members of the biggest gang in the country.

Body cameras are problematic because we can't seem to make the cops wear them, and because they have on/off switches. With current technology, there isn't a reason for them to be able to be turned off at any time during a shift.

Swing that tar brush!

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
What could be more unAmerican than muzzling Americans who criticize her? Isn't it a violation of the First Amendment, you know, the one that preceded the Second Amendment? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018
This is how cops act NOW when they're fully aware cameras are everywhere (and how scrutinized their behavior is). Imagine how much worse they were 50-60 years ago.
I would say 50-60 years ago they were alot better. they were part of their community. IIRC they used to have to live in the city/town they were employed by.
50-60 years ago, they were not militarized, they were not trained that every single person they interacted with, were out to kill them.

They used to be part of their community.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I would say 50-60 years ago they were alot better. they were part of their community. IIRC they used to have to live in the city/town they were employed by.
50-60 years ago, they were not militarized, they were not trained that every single person they interacted with, were out to kill them.

They used to be part of their community.
I’m not sure if the police of the 1960’s were renowned for their great treatment of the black community.

mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004
I’m not sure if the police of the 1960’s were renowned for their great treatment of the black community.
Well that, and a lot of what we are learning comes from the shear level of video footage now available and often in the public's hands. Some of it is body cameras, but a lot of it is cell phone and private security footage.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
You sound like a Marxist. Are you a police hating Marxist?
Swing and a miss, strike one.

Edit: OK, my sarcasm meter was on its lunch break. Fact is I have never read any Karl Marx. I've heard the quote about religion a zillion times, proof enough that it has some punch.

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Ronald Greene injuries the police lied about and covered up for 2 years. These injuries were not from a car accident but multiple blows from a blunt object.
f94bfd7f01d74db0a23db89426bc9e02.jpg

Police bragging about the brutal beating given to Greene
Louisiana trooper recorded saying he beat the 'ever-living f---' out of Black man who then died | Crime/Police | nola.com

Police bragging about pain being inflicted on Greene. Also coroner's office admits police withheld information needed for this case.
New Ronald Greene video, autopsy report details fatal arrest by Louisiana State Police | Crime/Police | nola.com

Remember police didn't begin releasing photo's and bodycam footage until the images started to leak to the press

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: DarthKyrie and Muse

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
WTF is that supposed to mean? :rolleyes: Is my sarcasm meter broken again?
Dude your sarcasm meter is completely busted in this thread. It's a riff on the the conservative trope that whenever someone points out racism the person pointing out the racism is called a racist for daring to point out the racism.

Reactions: Meghan54