Video shows Louisiana police stunning, punching, dragging Black man during fatal arrest

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Cliff notes...

Ronald Greene leads cops on high speed chase. When he's stopped by a tree he holds his hands up and attempts to apologize to the cops. Cops stun, drag, choke and beat him to death. Cops cuts the mic on his bodycam early. LPD refuse to release the video for 2 years. They tried to claim at first Ronald died from hitting a tree. They later changed their statement he died because of "struggling" with the cops. Recently obtained body cam footage show exactly why he dies.

Read the article and watch the footage as to how Ronald died.

Video shows Louisiana police stunning, punching, dragging Black man during fatal arrest - The Boston Globe

Updated for accuracy

Last edited:

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
Wow.
I think certainly someone will be going to jail. 2nd degree murder for sure. Wow. The guy gave himself up and was beaten to death for no good reason.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
We need a sad emoticon reaction on the "like" options☹️ or is that too facebook-ish?

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Wow.
I think certainly someone will be going to jail. 2nd degree murder for sure. Wow. The guy gave himself up and was beaten to death for no good reason.
We have at least one poster here who thinks making a cop angry is enough reason to be summarily executed.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
The AP last year also obtained a medical report showing an emergency room doctor noted Greene arrived dead at the hospital, bruised and bloodied with two stun-gun prongs in his back. That led the doctor to question troopers’ initial account that Greene had “died on impact” after crashing into a tree.
“Does not add up,” the doctor wrote.

I'd go so far as to support the death penalty here. If the written accounts are a true depiction of all the available evidence.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
Am i blind? I don’t see a video in link. Just 3 images.
There are other news sites that are running the story. Seems like a clear execution by enraged cops and then a cover up. Justice dept sure to get involved. I remember seeing a video a few years ago in mass where a white guy led cops on a chase that ended in a crash. He was thrown out of the vehicle and was unconscious not moving and they beat the crap out of him for like 5 minutes. He literally was face down in the dirt unconscious and they beat him, kicked him, made no attempt to restrain the unconscious guy for quite a while. He sued for police brutality.

Theres also this one where a helicopter recorded them basically going WWE on a guy who gave himself up. NH cops from a few years ago. Not surprising Louisiana cops just decide to kill this guy being trump country and all and that he was black.

Thank God for cams right.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2006
Hollingsworth later died in a single-vehicle highway crash that happened hours after he learned he would be fired for his role in the Greene case.

I guess he knew he was fucked, or a bizarre timed coincidence.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
There are other news sites that are running the story. Seems like a clear execution by enraged cops and then a cover up. Justice dept sure to get involved. I remember seeing a video a few years ago in mass where a white guy led cops on a chase that ended in a crash. He was thrown out of the vehicle and was unconscious not moving and they beat the crap out of him for like 5 minutes. He literally was face down in the dirt unconscious and they beat him, kicked him, made no attempt to restrain the unconscious guy for quite a while. He sued for police brutality.

Theres also this one where a helicopter recorded them basically going WWE on a guy who gave himself up. NH cops from a few years ago. Not surprising Louisiana cops just decide to kill this guy being trump country and all and that he was black.

Why the fuck you posted a video from an incident that occurred years before & very far away is a mystery to me.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I was busy filling and wrapping my enchiladas and had TRMS on with my back to the video. Unfortunately, I could have sworn it sounded like Deliverance was on. :mad:

Reactions: Pohemi

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Cliff notes...

Ronald Greene leads cops on high speed chase. When he's pulled over he holds his hands up and attempts to apologize to the cops. Cops stun, drag, choke and beat him to death. Cops cuts the mic on his bodycam early. LPD refuse to release the video for 2 years. They tried to claim at first Ronald died from hitting a tree. They later changed their statement he died because of "struggling" with the cops. Recently obtained body cam footage show exactly why he dies.

Read the article and watch the footage as to how Ronald died.

Video shows Louisiana police stunning, punching, dragging Black man during fatal arrest - The Boston Globe
Minor detail
You should update your second sentence to reflect that he was not pulled over and that he crashed after a chase. Saying that he "pulled over" is misleading.

The AP last year also obtained a medical report showing an emergency room doctor noted Greene arrived dead at the hospital, bruised and bloodied with two stun-gun prongs in his back. That led the doctor to question troopers’ initial account that Greene had “died on impact” after crashing into a tree.
“Does not add up,” the doctor wrote.

Learned a long time ago that police reports are only as good as the guy writing the report and that an officer's word should be treated as any other testimony.

Last edited:

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
Why the fuck you posted a video from an incident that occurred years before & very far away is a mystery to me.
Just trying to show that cops often are enraged after car chases and take out their rage on people who give themselves up peacefully. This is not the first time it's happened is all. I'm just trying to show that it's a shameful thing that happens.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004

This is how cops act NOW when they're fully aware cameras are everywhere (and how scrutinized their behavior is). Imagine how much worse they were 50-60 years ago.

Steltek

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2001
The AP has video clips posted in this article:

Not for the faint of heart. Those cops deserve to face a death penalty case for this, but since it happened in Louisiana they'll probably just get a "good job" slap on the back. The only way they'll be prosecuted is if the Feds take the case (which they should just based on the video evidence).

This is how cops act NOW when they're fully aware cameras are everywhere (and how scrutinized their behavior is). Imagine how much worse they were 50-60 years ago.

Yeah, ain't that the truth. For every good cop (they exist, I've actually met a few), there are five more who are just dumb cockroaches with guns and who are members of the biggest gang in the country.

Body cameras are problematic because we can't seem to make the cops wear them, and because they have on/off switches. With current technology, there isn't a reason for them to be able to be turned off at any time during a shift.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
The AP has video clips posted in this article:

Not for the faint of heart. Those cops deserve to face a death penalty case for this, but since it happened in Louisiana they'll probably just get a "good job" slap on the back. The only way they'll be prosecuted is if the Feds take the case (which they should just based on the video evidence).

Yeah, ain't that the truth. For every good cop (they exist, I've actually met a few), there are five more who are just dumb cockroaches with guns and who are members of the biggest gang in the country.

Body cameras are problematic because we can't seem to make the cops wear them, and because they have on/off switches. With current technology, there isn't a reason for them to be able to be turned off at any time during a shift.
Justice dept definitely needs to be involved. Clearly corruption in this case runs extremely high up.

Edit: justice dept is looking into it per CNN

Last edited:

Steltek

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2001
Apparently, excessive force is a theme with their troup of Demoss, Brown, and Harper.

Another trooper, Randall Dickerson, doesn't appear to have been involved in the Greene case, but has had his own excessive force issues as detailed in the article above in an incident also involving Brown.

The Feds ought to charge every one of their immediate superiors (and particularly the coroner who covered for them with Greene) as accessories after the fact given all of their attempts to cover for them.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
That was really awful, saw it on CBS evening news tonight. Unauthorized release of the video, it's said. The cops covered it up, but the news got out and the FBI, Justice Dept. and other organizations are investigating. Those cops should lose their jobs, just pronto before anything else happens. They tortured that guy to death, physically and psychologically. And the video I saw was certainly only a small portion of what happened.

Steltek

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2001
That was really awful, saw it on CBS evening news tonight. Unauthorized release of the video, it's said. The cops covered it up, but the news got out and the FBI, Justice Dept. and other organizations are investigating. Those cops should lose their jobs, just pronto before anything else happens. They tortured that guy to death, physically and psychologically. And the video I saw was certainly only a small portion of what happened.

Whoever managed the "unauthorized release" deserves kudos, considering the Louisiana State police has been sitting on this video and doing nothing forever.

It makes me dread what might actually be on the rest of the video that they are refusing to release.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
LEO filed a report stating that he died in a car crash when they actually tazed him to death? Makes you wonder how often something like this happens.

Reactions: Muse and Pohemi