Video: Schoolkids in Zimbabwe see UFO land and aliens

JMapleton

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2008
I want your guys opinion on this one. This is a well documented and well verified story where a group of kids saw a UFO land and aliens walk out. It was researched by a Harvard University professor (the interviewer in the video).

Main video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVgq9gejdkE
Extended interviews: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pKC11SDnog

Questions: How can people dispute this, besides just saying "mass hallucination"? Or just saying they were playing a prank.

Listening to these kids, it's clear they saw something, something unexplained. They drew photos of what they saw and most of them describe very very similar experiences that day.

Tell me I'm wrong.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
"Well verified" implies some physical evidence or anything more than the children's stories.

Maybe there were aliens, though there's no explanation of why the aliens would choose to reveal themselves to children in Zimbabwe instead of adults in the US. If they wanted to be seen, why not be seen by someone who could act on their vague telepathic messages of future doom?

Nope, not very convincing.

Staples

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
Never heard of this before but now that everyone has a camera in their pocket, you'd think there would be videos left and right of UFOs and aliens and yet, nothing.

cbrunny

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2007
People dispute all kinds of stuff. There's an entire TV show about Oak Island, and that's extremely heavily disputed and supported.

For further examples, see climate change, area 51, moon landing hoax, 9/11 cover up, JFK, CIA invented AIDS to kill gay people, etc.

JMapleton

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2008
People dispute all kinds of stuff. There's an entire TV show about Oak Island, and that's extremely heavily disputed and supported.

For further examples, see climate change, area 51, moon landing hoax, 9/11 cover up, JFK, CIA invented AIDS to kill gay people, etc.

I'm not saying it's indisputable, I'm saying I don't hear many valid arguments as to what these kids saw.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Rich young trust fund aliens in there parent purchased spaceships land in remote areas all the time to screw with people no one will believe, I thought that was well known :)

HHGG-HHGG-Hard.jpg

Were they walking around saying "Beep" ?

Reactions: WelshBloke

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
Makes you wonder if the Roswell UFO was indeed real or not. Not saying it was, but do you really trust the official government explanation?

I keep an open mind on these sorts of things. 10 being yes, aliens exist and 1 being hell no, I'm at a 7.

local

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2011
The vast majority of these "sightings" are obviously bunk. But there are a few well documented cases where I believe people have certainly seen something. It may not have been anything more than a very secret gov project or it could be a bored extraterrestrial, unless the gov proves something one way or another I don't think we will ever know. As far as aliens are concerned I am more open to the alternate theories such as inter-dimensional beings than standard extraterrestrials though.

Mar 11, 2004
I'm not saying it's indisputable, I'm saying I don't hear many valid arguments as to what these kids saw.

This is the exact same reasoning as religion. Without doing any digging, I'm guessing there's very little testable/verifiable proof of this case, which makes coming up with "valid arguments" against it essentially worthless, there's nothing to validly argue against as there's nothing beyond psychological impact to really study.

Zimbabwe is ruled by a dictator, so let's start with that realization (that alone tends to put the entire country in an odd mental state).

And there's a long history of using groups of children as test subjects by various governments and person throughout history.

Makes you wonder if the Roswell UFO was indeed real or not. Not saying it was, but do you really trust the official government explanation?

I keep an open mind on these sorts of things. 10 being yes, aliens exist and 1 being hell no, I'm at a 7.

No, it really doesn't.

You remind me of something one of the guys from Last Podcast on the Left said, I think they were talking about Hitler (and other Nazis) and his propensity to buy into all manner of crazy things, but only for specific reasons (namely anything to prop up his anti-Jew/pro-Arian beliefs), you're very open-minded in a very close minded way.

The vast majority of these "sightings" are obviously bunk. But there are a few well documented cases where I believe people have certainly seen something. It may not have been anything more than a very secret gov project or it could be a bored extraterrestrial, unless the gov proves something one way or another I don't think we will ever know. As far as aliens are concerned I am more open to the alternate theories such as inter-dimensional beings than standard extraterrestrials though.

Even the good ones have far too much similarities with obvious bullshit (speaking about things that get shared in common, stuff like men in black, various alien types, UFO shapes, etc). Now, I don't know if a lot of that stuff is just latently inside a large amount of the population (kinda like how people who want to believe in Bigfoot point out how just about every culture has such a creature) and bubbles up from time to time, or what. It just seems like this stuff is a way for our silly brains to rationalize and use our weird internal logic to deal with situations that are tough to process. We've consistently learned how flawed our minds are, and couple that with how powerful suggestion and manipulation can be, weighed against the almost total lack of quantifiable evidence, just seems like it'd make the most sense to apply Occam's Razor.

Not even going to touch aliens and interdimensional beings. I find a lot of nonsense stuff (cryptozoology for instance) actually interesting (to a point, which is usually about when it gets to talking to people about their experiences with it), but the modern mythology with regards to aliens, government involvement with them, and all the ancillary is completely uninteresting to me. They're taking things that are incredibly fascinating (at lest to me personally), stuff like space, perception, technology, history, and a bunch else, making it ridiculous (which on its own should be quite entertaining/compelling), and making it utterly boring and non-compelling.

Last edited:

cbrunny

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2007
Right. I understand what you are saying I just don't understand why this case is somehow different than the many other highly disputable things, as examples the things I had posted above.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
So aliens fly a few hundred trillion miles, at least, then land at a school in Zimbabwe to scare the shit out of a bunch of kids while not letting any adults see them and then leave? Yeah, sorry, not buying it. Next time tell the kids to snatch an ashtray off the spaceship or something.

Arcadio

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2007
As soon as they started to anthropomorphize the "aliens", they lost all credibility.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
So aliens fly a few hundred trillion miles, at least, then land at a school in Zimbabwe to scare the shit out of a bunch of kids while not letting any adults see them and then leave? Yeah, sorry, not buying it. Next time tell the kids to snatch an ashtray off the spaceship or something.
Post #10 explains that!