Video game statistical wish list

evolvedbullet

Mar 11, 2006
I really don't care if something has ever been made before because at the moment, I am lazy.

I would like a game that would be in an rts format and in space. Having big capital ships and fighters equals big fun! It also having a more tactical battlefield than Homeworld 2 and galactic domination chart would make the game feel like a total war game. But in total war games, you can control all of your companies and their formations although controlling an individual solider is out of the question in those kind of games. Being allowed to control a small fighter or bomber craft at a massive sized captial in first or third person view mode would be awesome. You could make the significance of the battle, you can change how it ends up, you can win by being decisive about it. Targeting subsystems on the massive ship could cripple it to it's knees, changing the tide of the battle! That would be awesome, sadly I never seen such a thing done before :(.

I love Mercenaries as well :D

Slew Foot

Lifer
Sep 22, 2005
Originally posted by: evolvedbullet
I really don't care if something has ever been made before because at the moment, I am lazy.

I would like a game that would be in an rts format and in space. Having big capital ships and fighters equals big fun! It also having a more tactical battlefield than Homeworld 2 and galactic domination chart would make the game feel like a total war game. But in total war games, you can control all of your companies and their formations although controlling an individual solider is out of the question in those kind of games. Being allowed to control a small fighter or bomber craft at a massive sized captial in first or third person view mode would be awesome. You could make the significance of the battle, you can change how it ends up, you can win by being decisive about it. Targeting subsystems on the massive ship could cripple it to it's knees, changing the tide of the battle! That would be awesome, sadly I never seen such a thing done before :(.

See TIE fighter.

evolvedbullet

Mar 11, 2006
Although you can be able to control the huge ships as well. Giving the battle more flexibility in a way.

tasmanian

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2006
I would like gta but with a huge area thats real put into the game. Like a the whole city is placed into the game.

MegaVovaN

Diamond Member
May 20, 2005
I need some sort of mash-up between GTA interactivity and Counter-Strike ownage.

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
EverQuest 1 redone, with a similar playerbase (not the trained chimps that play WoW), but with updated graphics / combat system and some PvP with tangible rewards.

Liberator21

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2007
I could definitely go for a space combat game like that. Unfortunately that usually requires an existing franchise for such a project, ala Star Wars/ Star Trek. I think a Star Wars version MIGHT be able to succeed, calling back earlier cues from Tie Fighter and the like. No ground war, and a whole lot of players...like 128. I think the majority could be in fighters, with a 'commander' in a flagship controlling the action. This all could be Battlefield 2'esque thinking about it. Larger ships (between flagship and fighters) could be acquired by a fighter boarding it - like vehicles in BF2. Additional fighters that boarded could control various weapons and abilities.

Throw in amazing graphics and unique, objective-centered styles, and that would be an Awesome game!

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Slew Foot

See TIE fighter.

excellent reply. you may have just forced me to reinstall tie fighter. i don't think i ever beat it though - i KNOW i got to the last mission, but they screw you over and give you a tie advanced instead of a tie defender. imperial bastards.

invidia

Platinum Member
Oct 8, 2006
A GTA mmorpg like game. You start out as a civilian and either work your way up to be a law enforcer, a criminal, or a politician.

From there you can either work towards different paths of an law enforcer, such as swat, undercover detective, or a regular officer.

Criminals will choose from being in organized crime (probably guilds) or freelancer criminal. Further in, they can specialize as hitmans, drug dealers, etc. Criminals will be at war with each other and law enforcers.

A politician will be more like a money making class. They can either work with law enforcements or criminals.

Of course this is a rough idea and lots of balancing would be needed but you get my drift. It'll be like the Sims Online but 6.022x10^23 times better. Jack Thompson will have a fit if this was ever produced.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: CKent
EverQuest 1 redone, with a similar playerbase (not the trained chimps that play WoW), but with updated graphics / combat system and some PvP with tangible rewards.

Anyone play on the Prexus server in the old days?

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
Originally posted by: invidia
A GTA mmorpg like game. You start out as a civilian and either work your way up to be a law enforcer, a criminal, or a politician.

From there you can either work towards different paths of an law enforcer, such as swat, undercover detective, or a regular officer.

Criminals will choose from being in organized crime (probably guilds) or freelancer criminal. Further in, they can specialize as hitmans, drug dealers, etc. Criminals will be at war with each other and law enforcers.

A politician will be more like a money making class. They can either work with law enforcements or criminals.

Of course this is a rough idea and lots of balancing would be needed but you get my drift. It'll be like the Sims Online but 6.022x10^23 times better. Jack Thompson will have a fit if this was ever produced.

Avogadros number times better?

Thats a lot.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
X-Wing Alliance may cover some of these bases.
There are a crapload of mods out for Freelancer, one of which allows you to control capital ships.

aCynic2

Apr 28, 2007

I'm working on this, something like it, but it's not RTS. It's first person, pilot seat form. At present, I'm working on 1v1, capitol ship, co-op.

Eventually, I want to develop it as MMO, where each person can control there own, solo, but I'm starting it small as a co-op.

And at present, I working out whether it's better to use vector space or coordinate space for positioning. The positioning system is critical because it would require a huge rewrite if it can't adapt to a larger arena.