Video game awards on spike TV now!!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

xanis

Lifer
Sep 11, 2005
Yeah I thought it was weird Riddick wasn't even mentioned. The thing that surprised me was the amount of awards for the King Kong game. I mean, I've played it and honestly it's not THAT good..

raystorm

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Riddick won awards in last year's show.

wow...Scarface looks like crap but I hope it turns out to be fun.

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
Originally posted by: TallBill
Originally posted by: AznAnarchy99
its sad when the 10 year old console gamers pick halo over half-life 2

Cuz on the console halo is better. Meh.

im talking about last year when Halo 2 beat out Half Life 2 on PC

raystorm

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Acanthus
Resident Evil 4 - Game of the Year

A great game. I wish Capcom did a pc port so I can jack up the res and add AA and AF.

AmdEmAll

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2000
Spike tv has it on again. This award show is a joke.

How the hell does Burnout beat Gran Turismo 4 for best driving game??? WTF!!

I believe that this just proved that this show is a pile of BS.

RadioHead84

Platinum Member
Jan 8, 2004
That show is total crap.>I didnt even bother paying attention to most of it. Its bassically..what games to gamers not play. Oh lets just have an award for all the cheap surface games and have an award show right after xbox360 comes out so we can show how much it pwns.

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
Originally posted by: AmdEmAll

one is fun, and the other is a simulation of racing in real life with horrible looking environments?

I wouldnt even consider them the same genre, but the gaming industry is really too small to break it down that far.

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
Originally posted by: RadioHead84
That show is total crap.>I didnt even bother paying attention to most of it. Its bassically..what games to gamers not play. Oh lets just have an award for all the cheap surface games and have an award show right after xbox360 comes out so we can show how much it pwns.

its been around for a few years now... not just this year.

Resident Evil 4, Battlefield 2, FEAR, Gran Turismo 4, Riddick, games not to play? youre on some good stuff.

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Acanthus

one is fun, and the other is a simulation of racing in real life with horrible looking environments?

I wouldnt even consider them the same genre, but the gaming industry is really too small to break it down that far.

i agree. burnout is very very fun, very amusing, and made me LOL the most out of any other game that came out this year. GT4 is boring. just race race, get the best time, race.... race w/ 1 other person...

burnout + xbox live or just have a bunch of people + burnout is FAAARRR superior of a game than to GT4.

AmdEmAll

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2000
You are all newbs. Forza and GT4 are the superior games, ask anyone that knows anything about cars and real life racing. DIAF

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
I have to admire spike TV's ability to break down feces into a form that can be successfully transported across standard cable television lines.

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
You are all newbs. Forza and GT4 are the superior games, ask anyone that knows anything about cars and real life racing. DIAF

of course forza and gt4 are superior games in that they depict realism pretty well, but to me, i just want to have some fun, and burnout gives me more fun than the other two.

since funfactor is superior in burnout than it is in forza/gt4, i say it's a superior game heh.

skace

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
Burnout was the superior racing game, on popularity alone. It became not only a fun single player game but also an excellent party game.