Video Exonerates Man Set Up By Louisiana Cops And Prosecutors

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
It makes no sense unless, like Jhhnn said, there's a back story. It's not like it's a speed trap to earn extra $$.

shrug. he was there to give one of them a summons. That was disrespect so they had to get him.

also again because they could. who would question it?

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
shrug. he was there to give one of them a summons. That was disrespect so they had to get him.

also again because they could. who would question it?
True with all of the people swearing to (aka lying about) it.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Typical small town Louisiana. There's a reason it's topped the FBI's corruption index for more than a decade. The small towns around where I lived saw one police chief and his senior officers arrested for protecting a meth operation, as well as multiple busts by the FBI for systematic racism in all areas of their operations. That was over a span of about 4 years.

Pipeline 1010

Golden Member
Dec 2, 2005
Anything less than jail time for those involved in framing this man in order to take away his freedom would be severely unjust.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
"he was paid $50 to serve a court summons on behalf of his nephew against Bogalusa police officer Chad Cassard in a police brutality lawsuit."

That seems really, really strange to me. This dude's nephew gets beaten by the police, so the court pays him $50 to serve the summons to the cop that beat up his nephew? Fucking Louisiana.

Attic

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2010
I doubt many of us could do that to another human. Knowingly lie and manipulate information to achieve severe detriment to another human being as a result of our actions. I couldn't, couldn't imagine doing that. But folks who can behave like this are more prevalent than most decent people would expect.

So anger at the situation is understandable, but useless. What is it about our government, particularly the police force that attracts these types of people to join and in many cases excel in these institutions?

I think protection from consequences allows for the continued disturbing behavior, but still doesn't adequately explain the genesis of this kind of behavior and why we see it so much in government and from corporations.

I think our system is built to reward these individuals to a greater degree than it rewards decent folks. It's just a game, path of least resistance to the most tokens wins out. Parasitic, sociopathic behavior is subsidized everywhere because it wins in the system we all play in day in day out.

The falsely accused here, if you can't identify yourself in his shoes to a frightening degree, you're doing it wrong. Your protection should not rest, nor ever have come to the cell phone video.

Last edited:

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
That seems really, really strange to me. This dude's nephew gets beaten by the police, so the court pays him $50 to serve the summons to the cop that beat up his nephew? Fucking Louisiana.

It seems perfectly normal to me, given the current attitude of the police toward the general population they "protect and serve". This guy had the sheer gall to serve a summons to a police officer, so therefore he must pay.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
It seems perfectly normal to me, given the current attitude of the police toward the general population they "protect and serve". This guy had the sheer gall to serve a summons to a police officer, so therefore he must pay.

If your brother was beaten up by the police, you would find it perfectly normal for the court to offer you $50 to go find the police officer that beat up your brother and serve him a court summons?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

In a lawsuit, it's customary for both sides to pay for service, delivery of summons/subpoena, not the court.

It can be basically anybody doing the job. In larger cities, there are companies who do it exclusively. People who make themselves hard to serve earn extra bounties for process servers who get the job done.

gotsmack

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2001
From the sounds of it the cops will just be written up which might hurt their chances of promotion. The Prosecutor's office might be hurt a little more since any attorneys involved could be potentially disbarred, so maybe a few will lose their jobs.