Video clip of UFO sighting in Haiti SFW!!!

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
Doesn't look very alien to me. I mean, it could be shens, but I see gas turbine exhaust in the clip. Definitely within the realm of human (if not hatian) technology.

effowe

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004
Yep, quite similar to this, and this, and this, and this, and this.

People are speculating that this is a viral marketing campaign for either JJ Abrams new movie project code named Cloverfield, or for Halo 3. The Halo explanation makes sense as about a month ago some supposed government worker came forward claiming to have seen alien technology. He had pictures and a very long incredible story. This was soon exposed to be a hoax.

Edit: If these were real you would have heard about them via a reputable news source. Sightings like these can't happen over huge cities without people noticing and reporting them. All these low res youtube videos have no credibility. I would like to believe they are real, but it's gotta be some excellent CGI, and that is all.

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
Originally posted by: effowe
Yep, quite similar to this, and this, and this, and this, and this.

People are speculating that this is a viral marketing campaign for either JJ Abrams new movie project code named Cloverfield, or for Halo 3. The Halo explanation makes sense as about a month ago some supposed government worker came forward claiming to have seen alien technology. He had pictures and a very long incredible story. This was soon exposed to be a hoax.

Edit: If these were real you would have heard about them via a reputable news source. Sightings like these can't happen over huge cities without people noticing and reporting them. All these low res youtube videos have no credibility. I would like to believe they are real, but it's gotta be some excellent CGI, and that is all.

I would agree if it had anything at all to do with halo 3, how would these raise awareness or sales of the game?

I guess it could be for a new movie.

effowe

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Acanthus
I would agree if it had anything at all to do with halo 3, how would these raise awareness or sales of the game?

Well the whole imminent alien invasion thing goes together with the Halo 3 theme. The former marketing campaign that I was referring to can be seen here.

They also have other routes like this and this and this. Think back to the Halo 2 release and the I love bees website. What did it have to do with the game? Not much, but it got people wondering and questioning what all this stuff was about, until it was revealed that it was all an elaborate campaign to get people talking about the game itself.

manowar821

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2007
marked

I wonder if real alien vehicles were video taped close enough, if people would call them fake for being too real? :p

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
Originally posted by: effowe

Well the whole imminent alien invasion thing goes together with the Halo 3 theme. The former marketing campaign that I was referring to can be seen here.

They also have other routes like this and this and this. Think back to the Halo 2 release and the I love bees website. What did it have to do with the game? Not much, but it got people wondering and questioning what all this stuff was about, until it was revealed that it was all an elaborate campaign to get people talking about the game itself.

I could see this working for a new franchise or something, but why spend all this money on marketing a game that will clearly sell itself...

It's up to 1mil reserved copies already.

effowe

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004
I could see this working for a new franchise or something, but why spend all this money on marketing a game that will clearly sell itself...

It's up to 1mil reserved copies already.

Well I posted a few different marketing campaigns that they are already doing. The game is going to sell like hotcakes, and push up 360 sales, but this type of advertising appeals to people who would have otherwise not heard of the game. Granted they are being hush hush about who is behind them at the moment, but eventually the truth will come out and it will all (probably) lead back to halo 3.

When said person finally finds out that those crazy ufo videos on youtube were for some game, it will garner interest and they may purchase it. The people who preordered already don't need to be marketed to, they are clearly already fans.

JoeKing

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
meh, pro cameramen trying to make a shot look amateur. way too clean of a shot when the ufo flys directly overhead and the camera keeps up. imagine trying to follow that with your camcorder yourself.