morbidman

Jan 29, 2006
Hey guys,
I finally upgraded my PC over black Friday and have run into a problem. After swapping out everything except for the video card (780gtx) and case, my card gives no video output. The following are the specs of my new machine:

212 evo
Gigabyte z170x ud3
2x8gb g.skill ripjaws ddr4 2666
Samsung 850evo 500gb (boot drive)
Wd black 1tb (not connected yet)
EVGA supernova nex750g

When I attempt to look at video devices in device manager, I can't see the 780. Nor does it show up in cpuz. I have tried switching the onboard video from auto to off in BIOS to no avail. I have also updated my BIOS to the newest version f20 and installed all the drivers that came on the CD bundled with the mobo. I have also tested my old 570gtx that was functioning when I last packed it up.

The only thing I can think of now is to try to install some of the additional drivers on gigabyte's support site (http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5499&dl=1&RWD=0#driver) but looking through, I can't see any that might pertain to video card compatibility.

Does anyone have any ideas they could share on what's going on? Thanks!

morbidman

Jan 29, 2006
Oh and before I forget, yes I have reinstalled the card a few times just in case it wasn't seated correctly. Sorry for spam!

Quick update! I did some fiddling around with BIOS settings and got my old 570 working. I couldn't replicate the same results for my 780 so I'm planning on sending it in for an RMA.

Last edited:

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
Did you remember to connect the PSU to the vid card?