Video card imminent death....suggestions for a mid-range replacement?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

darkstrike

Feb 5, 2013
Sorry for another Double-Post, but you don't think I should install CCC EliteRetard?

I'm tempted to put it all back on driver-wise and try it regardless, as without CCC it's harder to set up dual displays, etc...(sometimes he hooks his desktop up to the flatscreen TV to watch movies, etc.)

EliteRetard

Diamond Member
Mar 6, 2006
Sorry for another Double-Post, but you don't think I should install CCC EliteRetard?

I'm tempted to put it all back on driver-wise and try it regardless, as without CCC it's harder to set up dual displays, etc...(sometimes he hooks his desktop up to the flatscreen TV to watch movies, etc.)

Dual displays and such are easy to handle in Windows. Besides, you can keep the downloaded installer somewhere and hit it up again to install CCC if you really want. But its really quite useless and was prone to issues with older cards. The only reason to use it is perhaps for eyefinity. Overclocking and multi-monitor setups can be controlled with other (usually better) software. Installing it is just adding one more thing that could go wrong. Wont hurt to skip it for now.

darkstrike

Feb 5, 2013
Go for it man....installed the drivers, minus CCC....bro's got it hooked back up and using it now, about to watch some long (~45mins) Youtube vids...we'll see what happens by tomorrow.

darkstrike

Feb 5, 2013
Well, bro was using his comp for hours this morning doing various things and all seems well...no issues at all, but it's done this once or twice in the past on and off, so it's possible it could come back....this time was the worst so far though.

However, as it stands right now...all is well! :)