Video card for low res?

Bman123

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2008
I am trying to build a new tower soon so I can ditch this xbox 360 and get back to pc gaming but I am having some issues. The tower will be in my living room besides the couch out of sight hooked up full time to my 32inch 720p lcd hdtv. So I dont want a jet engine sounding video card ( old 8800gt days)

Main games I will be playing are
COD if MW3 is a flop it will be cod4
fallout 3 fo new vegas
whatever steam sale games that catch my eye

I would really like to be able to play on max settings, no AA is fine with me, I hardly ever go site seeing and checking out the corners of buildings looking for jagged lines. I will be running a single video card obviuosly and want to keep noise low as this pc is gonna be on more then likely 24/7 since when im at work she is home and watching stuff.

I like nvidia more then ati but right now I will take the best bang for the buck as I am trying to piece this tower together as cheap as I can and fast as I can. What do you suggest I look into video card wise?

heynow85

Sep 18, 2011
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814131442

If you're serious about noise and can pay a little extra, the above card is designed to be run passively. Again, I don't know what the rest of your PC sounds like, so it's possible that a passive video card is pointless if a quiet (but not silent) video card cannot be heard over your other PC fans anyways.

Bman123

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2008
It doesnt have to be silent, just quiet. I cant have a ramped up video card screaming in the living room while we try to watch movies. I just want the overall pc to not be loud as all hell.

crisium

Platinum Member
Aug 19, 2001
You don't need much to run 1360x768 with no AA. I guess shop around Radeon 6770 reviews and see what turns up to be quiet.