Video Capture Device

RaGe420

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2002
I was wondering what was the best video capture device was to capture DVD quality from a tivo to then be able to burn to dvd without have any glitches in it??

TheCorm

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 2000
I doubt TIVI/VIVO would be anywhere DVD quality....I could be wrong, it may have advanced since I used it with a GF2 MX400.

Can you not just copy DVD to DVD?.....or what about using DIVX and burning to CD-R....quality is usually very good, not DVD but definately nicely watchcable on monitor or TV-Out.

Corm

RaGe420

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2002
Well I would like to take shows and movies I recorded on my tivo and put them onto dvds

I dont want them to have down graded quality by being put onto cdrs

and I dont want divx because I would like to be able to play them at other peoples places too

DimZiE

Golden Member
Jun 26, 2001
try Pinnacle's products i've been using them on my studio and it's good on capturing ....

whoops i'm sorry if it's capturing from tivo on the vga card well i don't really know

if u want an add on card i would suggest the DC1000 from pinnacle kinda pricey though ...

DimZiE

Golden Member
Jun 26, 2001
or you could export the TIVO capture and encode them to DVD format with the same card i mentioned above using Premiere 6.

a warning : i've experienced buggy results on low to mid end system specs..
the system i used to encode it to DVD format is

Athlon XP 2000+
Corsair XMS DDR400 1GBytes
a Ti 4600 DDR 128 MB
and a LS7A2 board
with 2 80 GB IBM Desktar
and of course the DC1000

hope the info helps
if u want more info check out pinnacle site here

btw i am not working for pinnacle

Pauli

Oct 14, 1999
I don't see the problem. Simply use the S-Video output from the Tivo to any decent Tuner/Capture card and use one of many free software utilities to capture raw or MPEG2. Personally, I would hook the Tivo up to my miniDV camera that has a pass-thru and capture in DV format. Then I would encode to MPEG2 using TMPGenc Plus and burn to DVD.

RaGe420

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2002
my ols pc was a 1700+ maybe that was my problem

I did try the 400 capture setup from pin and still had problems

but I just upgraded to a 2400+ so I will try it again

Thanks for all of your guys help and I will let you know how it works out