Viddy card brands

Auric

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
I figgered it could be interesting and informative to compile a list of current brands (and their parent companies) utilizing AMD and Nvidia GPUs. Please help correct and augment what I have slapped together thus far:

Best Data: Diamond Multimedia
BFG Technologies
Club 3D
EVGA
Hartford Computer: VisionTek
HIS (Hightech Information System)
ASK Technology > InnoVision Multimedia Technologies: Inno3D, Force3D
ITC (Info-Tek Corporation): GeCube
Jaton
Foxconn: Leadtek Research
Palit Multimedia Systems: Gainward, Galaxy/KFA2, Xpert Vision
PC Partner: Sapphire, Zotac
Pine Technology Holdings: XFX
PNY Technologies
Point of View
Sparkle Computer
Tul > JV Logic: PowerColor, Zogis

Colorful
Datalan
Elsa
Maxsun
Prolink
Unika
Yeston

Albatron
ASUS
Biostar
Chaintech
ECS
Gigabyte
MSI

-
It is often difficult to seperate brands from real subsidiaries and so on, and in some cases they are merely rebranders rather than actual manufacturers.

AmberClad

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
I think you forgot POV (aka Point of View) and Sparkle (not to be confused with the PSU company with the same name).

I'm not sure what you consider "current". If 9600GT qualifies, then you can add Albatron, Biostar, and Chaintech down there where the rest of the motherboard companies are.

Auric

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: AmberClad
I think you forgot POV (aka Point of View) and Sparkle (not to be confused with the PSU company with the same name).

I'm not sure what you consider "current". If 9600GT qualifies, then you can add Albatron, Biostar, and Chaintech down there where the rest of the motherboard companies are.

Current as in the brand is in use (i.e. not historical) as opposed to the models offered. Biostar and Chaintech are on the list. Will add Albatron, POV and Sparkle. Thanks.

badnewcastle

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2004
This list would be much more informative if you were to maybe you gave us an ATI list then an Nvidia list seperated maybe?

Also, it would really help if you were able to throw all the warranty info... as this is a primary deal breaker for me and I'm sure others.

badnewcastle

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2004
Here's an example of what I'm thinking (I don't know if the info is factual):

Nvidia
BFG Technologies: Offers factory OC'd and stock versions with lifetime warranty.
EVGA: Offers factory OC'd and Stock versions with lifetime warranty's and a step up program.

ATI
Visiontek: Offers OC'd and Stock versions, with lifetime warranty.
HIS: OC'd and stock versions 2 year warranty.

Rabbits

Oct 2, 2008
Hey, I'm new to the forum... I know this is an old post but I just wanted to mention that EVGA actually doesnt manufacture any of there GPUs there just a marketing corp. Last I heard Pine was manufacturing there product a year or two ago. Usualy you will not know who there using as there contractor untill the current year passes so idk whose manufacturing for them now.