Victim Chases Thief, Gives Him Money (That's ONE FAST GRANNY!)

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
Victim Chases Thief, Gives Him Money
By Associated Press
1 hour ago

SOUTH SALT LAKE, Utah - A 75-year-old woman ran after a man who stole her purse, got it back and gave him a tongue-lashing _ and $3.

Betty Horton said the man apologized to her and said he was broke.

"I said, 'Why didn't you just ask me for some change? I would have helped you. I would have gladly given it to you,'" Horton said.

Horton was putting groceries in her car Wednesday when she noticed her purse was missing. She saw a man running with the bag under his arm.

"Good thing I had my running shoes on," Horton said.

She ran past businesses and saw him in a residential area standing over the unzipped purse, she said. She threatened to shoot his ear off, although she didn't have a gun.

Horton said she put money in his hand and told him, "Now get the heck out of here." Police arrived, but the thief _ whom authorities described as a 40-year-old man _ was gone.

"Seventy-five years old and I can still take care of myself," Horton said.

sniperruff

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
Originally posted by: neutralizer
I bet the thief ****** himself when he saw that granny running at him.

no.

"She ran past businesses and saw him in a residential area standing over the unzipped purse,"

the bastard stopped running because he thought he got away and was checking out the loot. no way the granny could have chased a guy down.

altonb1

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2002
Originally posted by: sniperruff
Originally posted by: neutralizer
I bet the thief ****** himself when he saw that granny running at him.

no.

"She ran past businesses and saw him in a residential area standing over the unzipped purse,"

the bastard stopped running because he thought he got away and was checking out the loot. no way the granny could have chased a guy down.

I picture the grsnny from the cartoons beating the guy over the head with a cane...that would have "learned" him...