[vga.zol]AMD trinity passmark results surface, impressive for an amd

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

grimpr

Golden Member
Aug 21, 2007
qyzg36.jpg

http://blogs.amd.com/fusion/2012/04/19/amd-“trinity”-and-“brazos-2-0”-heading-your-way/

nyker96

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
I like the "impressive for an amd" comment ;]

actually it's not half bad considering it's got a nice IGP. for most average people who plays games low settings, like my friend is playing SC2 on a laptop, IGP is all they need. If it's strong enough then it will save money for them. they don't really use that much cpu anyways.

Gideon

Golden Member
Nov 27, 2007
Those clever bastards never cease to impress me with their misleading marketing capabilities :D

My first reaction was: "WAT? 17w Trinity will perform about twice as fast as 35w Llano ?". But as the y-axis metric is Performance/Watt and Trinity's TDP is 48% of Llanos, it is actually a tiny bit slower (400 would be equal).

Don't get me wrong, getting similar performance out of a part with half the TDP is impressive, but the graphs is still misleading as hell (if they had double the performance at 35W they most certainly would have shown that instead). The graph would be a lot more compendious, if it used chips with similar TDP.

Shaydza

Mar 25, 2012
Well after the wet blanket that was ivy bridge I am dead curious to see what trinity delivers.

I assume the top end Intel CPU's will spank it in processor performance but the GPU will kick some serious butt for an on board.

Last edited: