VF700 Problem

opmike

Jun 17, 2006
Man, it's amazing how much computer technology does NOT like me; as I always seems to have a problem with something.

My VF700 is working fine; however 90% of the time, the fan will not rotate when I start up the computer. I must open my case, and give the fan a slight nudge, and then it will rotate like normal. Any ideas of what the issue may be?

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
RMA it ;)

What are the temps like if you don't bother starting it? 7600Gts don't run that hot usually do they? Is it the Cu or the AlCu?

opmike

Jun 17, 2006
With the fan at 0 rpm off, the temps are usually 53 on idle (I have not tried it under a load) if it's not a hot afternoon. At full speed the temps drop to 42 idle and 50 load.

I have the full copper unit, and have considered an RMA; but I would wish to avoid doing so if at all possible. I need my computer up and running for the remainder of this week and over the weekend; and can't really afford having it out of commission. The stock GPU fan seized up and I have since misplaced it...

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
Are you undervolting the fan? Plugged into power supply, motherboard or video card, or a fan controller?