Veteran faked death in Alabama to avoid child rape and pregnancy charges, police say

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Jesus

https://www.al.com/news/2019/02/gul...er&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=aldotcom_sf

A man suspected of faking his own death off the coast of Alabama’s Orange Beach to avoid child rape charges in Mississippi is being sought by police.

Jacob Blair Scott, 42, of Moss Point, MS, is suspected of raping his now ex-wife’s daughter, getting her pregnant, then setting up and elaborate scene on his abandoned dinghy to fool authorities into believing he was dead, according to the Jackson County Sheriff’s Dept. in Mississippi and Orange Beach police in Alabama.

While Scott has not been convicted of any crimes, DNA evidence has confirmed that he is the father of the baby, according to police reports. A grand jury later indicted Scott on 14 different sex charges, including filming the young girl simulating sex acts on him.

The alleged fake suicide last July came just days before Scott, an Iraq war veteran, was due to face the serious charges. Investigators found his dinghy with a suicide note attached and a small-caliber handgun in the water tied to a rope.

“She knew he was violent and she knew he would follow up on his threats,” her mother told the Sun Herald. “He would say, ‘I’m going to blow your momma’s head off and make you watch if you tell what’s happened.’”

Y64TYISFYZGWFOTFBY4PXZ354I.jpg

What a frickin monster. Put it to death.

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
This doesn't sound like the most elaborate/brightest suicide hoax.

[Detective]: Looks like an open and shut case of suicide. We have the boat and the gun. Nuff said.

[Person with IQ higher than 75]: Umm... the gun wasn't fired. And there's no blood in the boat. And WTF did he do... shoot himself in the head and throw himself out of the boat?

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
This doesn't sound like the most elaborate/brightest suicide hoax.

[Detective]: Looks like an open and shut case of suicide. We have the boat and the gun. Nuff said.

[Person with IQ higher than 75]: Umm... the gun wasn't fired. And there's no blood in the boat. And WTF did he do... shoot himself in the head and throw himself out of the boat?
Happens in Russia all the time.

Reactions: highland145

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
looks like a real national hero right there. Tell me again why I'm supposed to blindly stand and hail this piece of shit?

Paladin3

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2004
looks like a real national hero right there. Tell me again why I'm supposed to blindly stand and hail this piece of shit?

Oh, please. Nobody expects you to blindly do anything. You can respect the tough job done by our troops and still find the actions of this particular former soldier completely reprehensible.

Same goes for cops, firefighters, doctors, scientists and anyone else who works to help their fellow man. Even they guy at Starbucks who makes your morning coffee with a smile so you can get on with your day.

Reactions: highland145