Very sad news for news radio lovers.

Oct 30, 2004

I am very sad to report that NPR is canceling The Bryant Park Project, which was probably the wittiest and most entertaining news show in their lineup. I like to listen to archived NPR shows via wireless headphones while doing household chores and the BPP was, by far, my favorite show. It will be missed.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Has this guy ever been to Bryant Park? It's smack right in the middle of midtown Manhattan. Surrounded by concrete buildings, stench and noise on all sides and shitting pidgeons above, what better place to think of when wanting something fresh.

Liet

Golden Member
Jun 9, 2001
Have -you- ever been to Bryant Park? It's one of the nicest in the city. :)

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: Liet
Have -you- ever been to Bryant Park? It's one of the nicest in the city. :)

My fiancee works in the area. Last time I was there eating some cheese fries, pidgeons gathered on the tree branch above me, expecting me to throw some. As they waited, the bastards proceeded to shit, one of which landed on my back. No manners at all. Frankly, I'm surprised people eat and sun bathe in that park. It stinks.

Oct 30, 2004
OK...and there you go...the real story of the radio show's namesake...a shitty park! Here's a link to the show's main page for those who are interested about seeing what kind of a show is named after a crappy pigeon-filled park:

http://www.npr.org/bryantpark/

LittleNemoNES

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Originally posted by: WhipperSnapper
OK...and there you go...the real story of the radio show's namesake...a shitty park! Here's a link to the show's main page for those who are interested about seeing what kind of a show is named after a crappy pigeon-filled park:

http://www.npr.org/bryantpark/

hahahaha oh man you got a good laugh out of me

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Originally posted by: Budmantom
Both of his listners will miss him....

Who is this "he?"

Anyways, I listened to the show occasionally and enjoyed it. Stinks to see it go.

And Bryant Park is nice! Go there on Monday nights during the summer and watch the free classic movies!

Liet

Golden Member
Jun 9, 2001
Originally posted by: DariMy fiancee works in the area. Last time I was there eating some cheese fries, pidgeons gathered on the tree branch above me, expecting me to throw some. As they waited, the bastards proceeded to shit, one of which landed on my back. No manners at all. Frankly, I'm surprised people eat and sun bathe in that park. It stinks.
Sounds like you're throwing out the park with the pigeonwater!

The worst are dropping-coated store awnings that never get cleaned, and host 7 generations of pigeons. Blech.