Very interesting articles @ RPGWatch

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
One of my 5 all-time favorite PC RPGs, along with Wasteland and Fallout.

FYI, GameTap.com has PS:T in its library of games.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Definitely one of my fav's, right up there behind Baldurs Gate 2 and in front of KOTOR.

EDIT:
Good interview, by the way.

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003
To bad the age of really good single player CRPG's with intriguing story lines and characters that you cared about are pretty much dead and over with IMHO. I haven't seen any CRPG in the tradition of great story telling games like BG2, FO 1-2, Planescape: Torment, Arcanum etc... since Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines.

toadeater

Jul 16, 2007
Originally posted by: Drift3r
I haven't seen any CRPG in the tradition of great story telling games like BG2, FO 1-2, Planescape: Torment, Arcanum etc... since Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines.

Not to mention how Bethesda has royally screwed up Fallout 3. I love how they claim they want to make an "original" game instead of rehashing what Fallout has already done, when all they've done is make "Elder Scrolls with guns" as everyone suspected they were going to do. Is Bethesda capable of making more than one type of game?

Anyway, I also want to mention Jagged Alliance as a classic. Not quite a traditional RPG, but it was the first game I know of that treated party members as individuals with their own personalities, conflicts, and motivations, instead of as obedient robots with no awareness of each other.

Skacer

Banned
Jun 4, 2007
Tag, I'd like to read these when I get a chance. They don't say anything about any follow up works do they?

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
Originally posted by: Drift3r
To bad the age of really good single player CRPG's with intriguing story lines and characters that you cared about are pretty much dead and over with IMHO. I haven't seen any CRPG in the tradition of great story telling games like BG2, FO 1-2, Planescape: Torment, Arcanum etc... since Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines.

And you will not, at least until Dragon Age (assuming the private equity group that owns Bioware does not pull the plug on that project).

Shooters with ability points and classes (aka action RPGs) = far better sales

Story / character driven immersive games in which your roleplay = poorer sales (as is the case with PlaneScape: Torment)

:(