Very high TMPIN6 and TMPIN8 temperatures

Mtj

Oct 9, 2016
I hope I'm posting this in the right section of the forum. I replaced my stock CPU fan, which failed, with Arctic Alpine 11 fan earlier today and have been testing my computer for the rest of the day. The computer works fine, but I noticed high TMPIN6 and TMP8 temperature value in CPUID Hardware Monitor utility, which are around 110 degrees celsius. Please see attached screenshot.

Since the computer works fine I would like to know if such values are normal?

temp.jpg

Last edited:

LTC8K6

Lifer
Mar 10, 2004
I would guess they are wrong.

Are you running more than one monitoring program?

Mtj

Oct 9, 2016
I have used just CPUID Hardware Monitor and I don't know what the temps were before I had replaced the fan. I never use any monitoring software. I decided to use CPUID Hardware Monitor just because I had to change the CPU fan.

As a matter of fact the computer has been running for all afternoon (more than 5 hours) and everything is fine. I was playing Dirt rally for hours at maximum settings suitable for my computer and according to CPUID Hardware Monitor the maximum temperature of CPU fan reached was 66 degrees celsius and RX-480 around 75 degrees celsius. I also tested the CPU with Super Pi and the CPU fan temperature peaked at 66 degrees celsius during the benchmark. The room temperature is about 25 degrees celsius

Does anyone know where these TMPINT6 and TMPINT8 sensors are usually located on the motherboard? I believe that the value is incorrect otherwise the compouter would melt, because to my knowledge no computer component can sustain such high temperature. I also did some research on the internet and found other had similar issues with TMPIN6 and TMP8 values in CPUID Hardware Monitor. Is there any other monitoring software tool I could use to test the values of TMPIN6 and TMPIN8 sensors?

Rakyat

Jan 10, 2019
Just ignore it... u don't have sensors there so program automatically put some value :)