very good gift card deal at stop n shop + giant all stores.(good til 6/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

philipma1957

Golden Member
Jan 8, 2012
Okay stop n shop is a large supermarket store.

This appears to be at giant and stop n shop stores all of them til 6/21

here is flyer for giant first page

http://giantfood.shoplocal.com/gian...pretailerid=-99431&siteid=672&storeID=2600654

flyer for stop n shop first page

http://stopandshop.shoplocal.com/st...pretailerid=-99254&siteid=673&storeid=2598970

For the all stores they have a gift card deal. buy one 50 dollar gift card. Amazon for instance they give you a 10 dollar stop n shop store coupon . here are the stores running the deal.

So if you are close to a stop and shop you should check the website out.

I grabbed 2 50 dollar cards. earned 2 10 store coupons.

I grabbed one and my wife got one. I poked around on the website this looks like most stores are doing it. Also check giant same company.

looks like giant does it.

Last edited:

Basilisk

Sep 15, 2000
The Weekly Specials ad reads that you have to buy it "with your card". Is that your "loyalty" [aka "track me"] card? To acquire one would just mean a short stop at the CS counter, right?

'Guess they're not tracking # of promo buys / household if (a) you & your wife each bought one and (2) you two live at the same address. :)

philipma1957

Golden Member
Jan 8, 2012
The Weekly Specials ad reads that you have to buy it "with your card". Is that your "loyalty" [aka "track me"] card? To acquire one would just mean a short stop at the CS counter, right?

'Guess they're not tracking # of promo buys / household if (a) you & your wife each bought one and (2) you two live at the same address. :)

yeah you need a loyalty card.

These days if you use a supermarket that is just about a given.

By the time this is done I am going to have a freezer full of steaks.

As far as I can tell you can spin and buy 2 or more cards a day for a week. Last year they had this deal I grabbed 500 in amazon cards and 500 in shell gas cards and 200 in ebay cards. They ran the deal for 2 weeks in a row last year.

This promo seems to be in all Giant stores and all Stop And shop stores.

geecee

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2003
Nice deal. Thanks for posting.

BTW, this deal seems to be continuing into the new week. Also, they have a lot of different gift cards - Amazon, Ebay, Home Depot, Lowe's, Staples, Best Buy, B&N, Sears, Macy's, Bed Bath & Beyond, Toys R Us/Babies R Us, iTunes, as well as a bunch of chain restaurants like Outback, Legal Seafood, TGIF and Cheesecake Factory.

Full list here: http://www.stopandshop.com/our_stores/offerings/cards.htm

Not sure if any gift cards are excluded. The only thing that is specifically mentioned is Stop & Shop gift cards. :p I thought I saw Gamestop gift cards also at my local S&S, but I could be wrong.

As you said, you end up with a combined 25% off, assuming you are going to buy several $10 coupons' worth of groceries and you purchase with a rewards credit card like the Chase one, giving 5% back on supermarket purchases currently. At Best Buy, that would mean you could potentially get Diablo 3 for ~$45, or that external 1.5 GB HD from Staples for ~$60. Or 25% off any hot deal from any one of those listed stores. NICE. :)

FYI, the $10 grocery coupon you get from S&S is only good for a week from the purchase date. If you're wondering what to buy with your $10, chicken breasts are $1.99/lb this week and the S&S bacon and whole wheat bread is BOGO, which is not too bad, and are all freezable. :p

philipma1957

Golden Member
Jan 8, 2012
yes it did continue this week the 6/15 to 6/21 time slot. you are correct that the ten dollar coupon is only good for 1 week. My routine has been buy a card and nothing else with my chase card. turn around hand the 10 dollar coupon to my wife behind me on the line. she buys a little more then 10 dollars today some pork ribs for barbecue. We walk out to the card put the stuff in the trunk go back to the store and do it again. This way the 10 dollar coupons do not build up.

we now have lots of red solo cups, aluminum foil, paper towels ,toilet paper, steaks in the freezer, cheerios. Last week and today I purchased 1100 in amazon cards. I am going to go past the chase limit of 1500 so all the cards will not be 25% off. My wife got the set of hi end stainless steel flatware she has been wanting . I have been buying ssd's for the most part. The entire area is buying 10's of thousands of dollars in gift cards. It is quite a sight to watch the cards sell so quickly.

This is at all stores til 6/21

Last edited:

TonyScott

May 11, 2012
Great deal! I got some great trades for ]Motorola batteries here[/URL]. I'll be looking into the stop n shop deal and find out what I can get from there. Thanks!

Please do not use our website to promote yours

esquared
Anandtech Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.