Question Vertical dark shadow "line" on new monitor.

Lievett

Mar 20, 2023
Hello.

A few days ago I got a new monitor, a Millenium MD 27 pro 165 HZ. On the second day of use, when I turned it on, a vertical dark shadow appeared at the center of the screen. Weirdly, this shadow goes away after approx 30-40 mins once the monitor is turned on. Once it goes off, it doesnt come back even if I restart my monitor or plug/unplug it. On the third day i had exactly the same issue. Turned on the monitor, the dark vertical shadow appeared again, and after 30-40 mins the shadow went away. The monitor is brand new and I am really curious why does this happen. I guess the safe choice here is to return it back because its faulty somehow, but i am really curious what would be the cause of this dark shadow. I think it appears when the monitor has been off for some hours.
What I have tried is to plug/unplug it, and changing the DP cable to a hdmi cable. But I noticed the black dark shadow appears once i turn only the monitor on, so it has not to do with the PC or cables.
Here are two pics of the dark shadow i mean.

I think this could be a contact issue in one of the led strips, because it looks like when the monitor warms up, the soldier expands, and the contact resumes, and hence the dark shadow goes away. Does this sound like possible? I don't have any experience with led monitors so no idea if this even makes sense. I am really curious about why this would happen.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Yes it looks like one of the series LED strips is making intermittent contact.

I'd want a refund from seller rather than sending to a repair center since it's still new.

Reactions: Lievett