No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Dude...ancient news

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2223872&highlight=vermont+pig

pb-120202-veront-decals-01-3p.photoblog900.jpg

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Yes Yes, in terms of US states that abuse US human rights, somehow somehow Vermont is the worst of the worst.

Sorry, as someone who hates states than abuse the human rights of their citizens, Vermont has never ever been even a faint blip on my radar screen.

Now if we want t to talk about States like Arizona and Alabama, the logos on their cop cars are worthless as predictors.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I lived in VT for a time. I find this hilarious as will most Vermonters. They don't tend to take things too seriously unless they're from Burlington.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Oh well, gotta have new input to keep this thread going. I used to live in West Lafayette
Indiana. And Lafayette, IN was founded by a fellow named William Digby who platted the town and his logo is featured on all Lafayette, IN police cars.

But it turned out that William Digby, like many who platted other towns was a speculator and not exactly a stellar stable character.

But we all know that a new town has gained a certain level of stability and are there to say, when a new town can afford to build a jail. And when Lafayette, IN finally built its first jail, the first inmate to be housed there was none other than William Digby. As I recall it was nothing major, public intoxication or something similar.

http://wiki.ask.com/Lafayette,_Indiana#History

CycloWizard

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Yes Yes, in terms of US states that abuse US human rights, somehow somehow Vermont is the worst of the worst.

Sorry, as someone who hates states than abuse the human rights of their citizens, Vermont has never ever been even a faint blip on my radar screen.

Now if we want t to talk about States like Arizona and Alabama, the logos on their cop cars are worthless as predictors.
I notice you use the term "citizen" very loosely in this context. Human rights and the rights of citizens are not the same.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Sorry for any confusion you may have, as I believe all people should have equal human rights. But yes it may get more complex when we talk about a citizen of a given country vs a visitor or immigrant, but in general its not hard to tell when the police overstep their bounds. And that the logo on the door of a police car is seldom a predictor of behavior.

CycloWizard

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Sorry for any confusion you may have, as I believe all people should have equal human rights. But yes it may get more complex when we talk about a citizen of a given country vs a visitor or immigrant, but in general its not hard to tell when the police overstep their bounds. And that the logo on the door of a police car is seldom a predictor of behavior.
Hehe. I'm glad you automatically assign the confusion to me rather than to yourself. I agree that all humans should have the same basic set of rights regardless of where they are from, what they look like, or any other factor. I think the source of your confusion is that many of the things you consider to be rights are actually privileges. For example, receipt of money from social programs is not a right. But that's really beside the point since you originally conflated "citizen" with "human".

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Hehe. I'm glad you automatically assign the confusion to me rather than to yourself. I agree that all humans should have the same basic set of rights regardless of where they are from, what they look like, or any other factor. I think the source of your confusion is that many of the things you consider to be rights are actually privileges. For example, receipt of money from social programs is not a right. But that's really beside the point since you originally conflated "citizen" with "human".
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok cyclowizard, I will take all the blame. On a thread where I see mainly humor. As I can also recall another event about circa 1973. As me and some friends journeyed south and West to explore caves around the Bloomington, IN area. And in some town on the route, Elettsville as I recall, there was a fellow named Thrasher running for Sheriff. Lawn signs all over the place and it was impossible to ignore them all.

Now with a name like thrasher, you would think it would put the fear of God into any self respecting criminal.

Never did find out of Thrasher won or lost the election, but then again, I never heard of a giant increase in Elettsville, Indiana police brutality complaints either. Funny thing too, despite the fact I can see the pig on the cow in Vermont, I can't recall many cases of alleged Vermont police brutality either.That distinction seems to be reserved for other States, Mayor Rizzo in Philly, Daily in Chicago, Sheriff Joe in Arizona, Gates in LA, while allegation of police states exist in Florida and Louisiana.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.