Verizon

Nimloth

Mar 5, 2001
Did you know that Verizon sucks buttocks?
Right now I'm on hold with them about my company's DSL, and I've been holding for about 30 minutes now. And it's so annoying because they have classical music playing while you hold, and every 30 seconds it says "Your call is important to us, please hold, and someone will be with you shortly". Oh yeah, indeed that is shortly.

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
I hate those recordings that come on and intrupt the music. It is really bad when they have more than one.

DarthSideous

Mar 3, 2001
I'm a technician for verizon, and while I love my company, I have to say the dsl dept sux, I went through hell to try and get it, it was ridiculous..so I said screw it and went with cable.. good luck

Emulex

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2001
yah rr.com kicks major butt all over verizon. by going to help.rr.com and using their web-chat help i've gotten tech support in less than 5 minutes, every time. Sometimes as quick as 1-2 seconds.

Other companies need to get on the ball with online chat support.

Emulex

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2001
yah rr.com kicks major butt all over verizon. by going to help.rr.com and using their web-chat help i've gotten tech support in less than 5 minutes, every time. Sometimes as quick as 1-2 seconds.

Other companies need to get on the ball with online chat support.

Doggiedog

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
Chalk me up as another Verizon/Hell Atlantic hater.

I love the way in their recorded message they always mention getting unusually high call volume. Why? Is it because their service sucks? If they are always getting unusually high call volume, shouldn't they get an unusually high number of staffers to man the phones?

Suicidal

Banned
Jul 23, 2000
Yah I do Beast!!! I used to work customer care for Verizon DSL. The hold times are horrible. It was fun having people yell at me and say they want to sue me and my boss because they didn't receive a 20 dollar nic card. I loved the people who demanded that I send them a free PCMCIA that Verizon sells for 149.95. It was fun to tell them no can do. Then they swore even more. I am going back to cable when i roll into Horseheads this week. That's right baby!!! I'm gonna be back in town!!! DSL is about where cell phones were 10 years ago. Cable is the way to go.

Nimloth

Mar 5, 2001
"Would you mind if I put you on hold for just a MOMENT please?", she said.
<---- 10 minute silence ---->
&quot;Sir?&quot;

DarthSideous

Mar 3, 2001
I'll let you in on a little secret...when you call there ask them for the number for the dsl, presidential hotline...that'll either get them thinking you mean business, or they will give you the number and the people there will definatly get you bettter results.. in verizon when you say presidential hotline or psc (public service comission) that makes people sh**.... I used to have the number there, and it was the only way I got alittle help, but I still got RR after all that..

rominl

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Nov 2, 2000
yesterday evening here in southern cali. the dsl service was out for a while. thankful to verizon.

MuffD

Diamond Member
May 31, 2000
I don't really care for them either but stick with only cause my wife's friend works there and hooks us up big time!

Nimloth

Mar 5, 2001
will that friend be able to hook me up with DSL? :D
I want 784/784 for $50 a month and installed tommorow!

dcdomain

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2000
Add me to the damn hate list... I have no clue how these fvckers stay in business. They totally outright don't give a sh1t about their customers. Can we say monopoly?

Suicidal

Banned
Jul 23, 2000
Thanks! Googlegear has the best prices i've seen so far on a few things... they have oem 1ghz p3s for 238, that's right up my alley. :D