Verizon LG G2 - Upgrade to Lolipop version 5.0

TheEnd

Jul 21, 2003
Just an FYI to my fellow Verizon LG G2 owners that Verizon is updating to Lolipop version 5.0. No idea why they are not going straight to 5.1 but I'll take what I can get.

Check the link from Droid Life for the info as well as an upgrade guide that tells you what's different. Lot's of features from the G3 are apparently coming to the G2.

http://www.droid-life.com/2015/03/3...ts-lollipop-today-your-g3-still-cant-have-it/

I checked my phone and the update was available but I won't download it until tonight when I'm on wifi at home.

jdoggg12

Platinum Member
Aug 20, 2005
This is cool... too bad I can't figure out how to put the stock bootloader back on it so I'm stuck with TWRP and no updates :-\

Dec 30, 2004
they do a LOT of testing to make sure it's going to run well and they're not going to have lots of returns or support requests.

they've been testing since 5.0 came out

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
Got the update last night, so far I hate it. Probably because I was used to soft key buttons that actually looked like the task they were meant for.

I also use the rich notes which is now quick menu+ or whatever, and the lock screen sucks. Also what happened to silent mode, grrr.

The wife has the same phone and hasn't gotten the update, hopefully it's not "mandatory" so she won't have to.

thescreensavers

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2005
5.0 is quite a bit different from previous versions, youll get used to the changes. Also people with performance issues just factory reset will save you more headaches.

I have a custom 5.0 Rom on my G2 ill just wait for a custom rom based on the OTA to flash..