Verizon is run by communists

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Since you can't deal with contract issues in a Verizon store face to face with the person who sold you your phone, I had to call up their customer service line. I got serviced alright. I'm leaving on military orders, and by law the cell company has to cancel my contract with no fee. I'm the primary user on the phone even according to their system and pay the bill every month, however is under a blanket family type thing in my mom's name. The Customer service rep tells me that he can't waive the fee because its in her name and that she should find someone else to use the phone. Theres 5 people in my house, and we have 5 verizon phones. Who are we going to give it to, a homeless man? Anyways, my response was just "expect a call from my very pissed off mother" -click-

Updates to follow.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
You need to speak with someone higher up at Verizon. It sounds like you got some timid little CSR who can do nothing but quote policy and can't go to the bathroom without asking for permission.
Giving Verizon the benefit of the doubt (for now), I'm sure that this issue would be properly handled if given to someone who is actually allowed to make decisions.

PunDogg

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2002
yeah ask to talk to the manager or someone higher up cuz u are getting the shaft

Dogg

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
yeah, my mother will have to make the call though because its in her name. I'm sure that at some point in management they will realize that they are idiots and drop the fee. I'm quite confident that they would be wise and drop the fee (regardless of any laws) and keep a contract going on 4 phones.

iconn

Jan 16, 2000
Your Mom signed you guys up for the discounted family plan. All the lines are under her liabilty and because of that, subject to a disconnection fee (only if that line is disconnected under her name) within contract.

Solution: If you have approved credit; you need to do a name change, meaning you will have to transfer that one line to your own name and account. You have to get a NAME CHANGE kit, copy your mom's license...have her sign the document. You have to sign the rest and copy your driver license (to match signatures). After that, make sure you do the credit check at a Verizon corporate store not an independent reseller... Once you have the account with your cell number seperate you can come back and request to disconnect the line under your account and name providing you have the Military Leave (that works only if you get shipped out the country!! ). There would be no termination fees if done properly within guidelines.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Originally posted by: iconn
Your Mom signed you guys up for the discounted family plan. All the lines are under her liabilty and because of that, subject to a disconnection fee (only if that line is disconnected under her name) within contract.

Solution: If you have approved credit; you need to do a name change, meaning you will have to transfer that one line to your own name and account. You have to get a NAME CHANGE kit, copy your mom's license...have her sign the document. You have to sign the rest and copy your driver license (to match signatures). After that, make sure you do the credit check at a Verizon corporate store not an independent reseller... Once you have the account with your cell number seperate you can come back and request to disconnect the line under your account and name providing you have the Military Leave (that works only if you get shipped out the country!! ). There who be no termination fees if done properly within guidelines.

Actually, I found out that we didn't actually sign a family plan, and get no discounts based on the # of phones that we have. And I will not be approved on credit, which is why I got the phone under her name. My credit report is absolutly blank, and thus nobody wants to make money off of me. Regardless, if made to pay a fee, they will lose all 4 phone contracts as soon as they end, and i believe the other 4 are up in like 4 months. (and no, they shouldn't have to take my phone over because that would still cost 200 dollars). My paperwork clearly says Europe as the destination.

rahvin

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: TallBill
Since you can't deal with contract issues in a Verizon store face to face with the person who sold you your phone, I had to call up their customer service line. I got serviced alright. I'm leaving on military orders, and by law the cell company has to cancel my contract with no fee. I'm the primary user on the phone even according to their system and pay the bill every month, however is under a blanket family type thing in my mom's name. The Customer service rep tells me that he can't waive the fee because its in her name and that she should find someone else to use the phone. Theres 5 people in my house, and we have 5 verizon phones. Who are we going to give it to, a homeless man? Anyways, my response was just "expect a call from my very pissed off mother" -click-

Updates to follow.

Why are you calling your mother, call JAG and have a millitary lawyer call and remind them that they are in violation of the law and if they persist they will drag them into court and get their ass handed to them.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Because my mother has to make the cancellation call first. Basically my call was nonexistant.