Verbatim DVD+R on sale at Best Buy

MisterE

Golden Member
Mar 7, 2000
Greetings, all. It's not the greatest deal in the world, but Best Buy has their Verbatim DVD+R (and probably DVD-R) media on sale for $12.99+tax for a 50-piece spindle. I needed blank media and that is a pretty good price for a local purchase.

Also, my local Best Buy (Huntsville, AL) has their TDK DVD media on closeout. The price on the shelf tag was around $5.96 for a 50-piece spindle of TDK DVD+R or Lightscribe media (Lightscribe is a 20 or 30 pack). Alas, the shelf is bare here in Huntsville.

BlueWeasel

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
The Verbatim 50-pack DVD+R I got from OM a few weeks ago was MCC and is generally considered one of the better, if not best, media codes.

:thumbsup:

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
Originally posted by: rartech
Not too shabby 0.80 cents a disk.

Memorex 50Pk DVD+R DL 8.5GB Spindle

http://www.buy.com/retail/prod...05147220&loc=111&sp=1&*****

If it ain't Verbatim DL, don't even considering purchasing it, regardless of price. Verbatim DVD+R DL are the only DLs that won't make you tear your hair out. For the 2.4-6X verbatim DLs, prefer the made-in-Singapore discs (though even the made-in-India discs aren't THAT bad).

dairen

Jan 27, 2008
Originally posted by: Midnight Rambler
The Verbatims I picked up this week were Made in Taiwan, a good sign, yes ?

I went into more detail in this post, but Yes, all Verbatim DVDs are considered top quality (second possibly only to Taiyo Yuden).

Highly recommended for any CD/DVD related questions (not only about media) is videohelp.com. Fair warning...do a search for your question before posting. The regulars there are very knowledgeable, but a bit testy with questions that have been previously posted and answered (some years ago).

Harmattan

Oct 3, 2006
Just picked up a set.

These are quality DVD+R's, and some of the only kind that will work for Wiikey backups.