Venomous Snakes R Us!

Feb 10, 2000
For that special someone in your life - how about a nice Gaboon Vitper for a mere $49! I an continually fascinated by the fact that there are so few legal restrictions on sales and ownership of dangerous exotic pets. I guess the raw numbers of injuries and deaths they cause are small, but it still amazes me that you can get incredibly lethal snakes like .Green Mambas and the like FedExed to your house.

ISAslot

Platinum Member
Jan 22, 2001
Cool! I once found a coral snake in my backyard, but I didn't capture him.

Wallydraigle

Banned
Nov 27, 2000
Originally posted by: Don_Vito
For that special someone in your life - how about a nice Gaboon Vitper for a mere $49! I an continually fascinated by the fact that there are so few legal restrictions on sales and ownership of dangerous exotic pets. I guess the raw numbers of injuries and deaths they cause are small, but it still amazes me that you can get incredibly lethal snakes like .Green Mambas and the like FedExed to your house.

I agree. We've become so conditioned to the government being involved in so many aspects of our lives that it shouldn't be, that when we do come to an area where we have some freedom, it seems strange and out of place, almost unbelievable. It says a lot about where we're going.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
King Cobra for $275!!! I want one, my neighbors will never complain about my loud parties ever again.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Originally posted by: cliftonite
Albino Western Diamond Back $1500.00 :Q Whats so special about this?

Albino. Snakes of unusual color or patterns command very high prices.

GRIFFIN1

Golden Member
Nov 10, 1999
Imagine what it would feel like when you go to check on the Green Momba, and you realize it isn't in it's cage.

Feb 10, 2000
Originally posted by: GRIFFIN1
Imagine what it would feel like when you go to check on the Green Momba, and you realize it isn't in it's cage.

I have lived with a large Burmese python (it was about 10 feet long when it bit me!), a carpet python, a small boa, a ball python, and a large Nile monitor lizard (a good friend was an aspiring herpetologist when I was in college). All of them escaped at one time or another. I'd like to think that owners of venomous snakes are more careful, but I dunno. Here is one story about a rhino viper owner being fatally bitten.