Velidyne VX11

Discussion in 'Audio/Video & Home Theater' started by vincedea, Dec 11, 2012.

1. vincedea

vincedea Senior member

Hey everyone. Im thinking about purchasing this sub, since on their website there is a special on them 2 for $229, which makes them about $115 each.

Does anyone know how good this sub is? Also the newer model is suppose to be the impact 10 i believe. I will be using this with my nht superzero 2.0 that is hooked up to my pc.

So let me know what you guys think. Thanks

2. cheez

cheez Golden Member

Velodyne subs are known for generating tight bass, typically better than the Hsu or Outlaw. But then the Velodyne makes low ends to to fit low price budget.

Whether for music or movies you'll want tight accurate bass, and the price will not be so cheap. I would spend good $$ as an investment.

3. Anubis

Anubis No Lifer

4. purbeast0

purbeast0 Lifer

5. Number1

Number1 Diamond Member

Two subs for $230. Don't expect superior sound but considering your existing speakers it's probably a very good match. Amazon users give the subs 4+ stars. You have nothing to lose.
    Spending more would be a waste.
    Go for it.

6. vincedea

vincedea Senior member

a 12 in sub is just too much bass for me. Im not really a bass head and I just want enough bass in my music and movies just for me to feel satisfied. So I figured an 8 in or 10 in sub would suit my needs perfectly fine.

Most importantly I would rather have the sub match up with my speakers decently. But I suppose I will go witht he velodyne sub

7. gus6464

gus6464 Golden Member

There is no such thing as too much bass. You can turn down the gain on a sub and you are supposed to calibrate your sub with your mains anyway. Those Velodynes are very low end compared to the Klipsch on newegg.