(VCZ) New AMD Never Settle Forever game bundle arrives April 21st

3DVagabond

Lifer
Aug 10, 2009
Looks like we are getting the next iteration of AMD's "Never Settle Forever" bundle.

Source: Videocardsz
AMD will unveil its new game bundle on April 21st. Fortunately for you, we have the list of games that will be included.

Let’s start with a small explanation. There are three tiers, each with limited number of games to choose. This time it’s totally up to you, which games you want.

The list opens with a new title — Murdered: Soul Suspect. This game is is not yet released, but you will be able to claim your copy in June.

Now the important part is that AMD will let you use your keys till August 2014. This bundle will change as new titles will be added, so even if you claim two of your game now, you will still be able to claim the game that is not even on the list yet. At this point it is unknown which games will be added later.

AMD has also added 4 indie game, which will be available in a pack of two, so one choice equals two indie games (see below for the list).

The rest of the list has not changed much, we still have one of the most popular games like Tomb Raider and Hitman Absolution, but you won’t find BioShock Infinite, Crysis 3 or Far Cry 3 this time. Instead you can have Thief, which is the first game to support both AMD TrueAudio and Mantle.

Now, where’s NVIDIA’s game bundle?

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
While I appreciate what this will do in terms of competition - It will be interesting to see what game bundle NV will have up their sleeve after Daylight - I have serious mixed feelings on this game list. Looking at some of these games, most of them are ancient. Most of them were free games back in 2011. Yeah, 2011. Really? So that brings the question, what is preferable; One bundled high quality AAA title such as (just a theoretical example) Watch Dogs or Titan Fall,. Or would you rather get old titles like this?

I don't know. They're free games. On the other hand, most of these games can easily be had in steam sales for 5 bucks or less. Not all, but most of them are 2010-2011-2012 games.

I really feel like AMD should just get the one big title and bundle that instead, instead of relying on old shovelware. Something along the lines of BF4. Or on the NV side, AC IV. Batman. Major AAA titles instead of 2 year old shovelware. A huge AAA title that will be near guaranteed to be positive among AMD's fanbase.

I mean it's free and AMD fans can't complain about free. And there's some good stuff there. Rome 2, maybe. But most of it? Really old, and so old that they were also free titles with AMD GPUs back in 2011-2012. I can't help but feel that one huge AAA title would be preferable instead of 3 shovelware titles. Granted, some of the games are more recent. One big title - That's what NV usually does and what AMD also did with BF4 / crysis 3, and as we saw, stuff like that is really favored by the fanbase of both sides.

Not trying to start an argument or anything, but I really think the better approach would be the "one big" title. Curious what others think. That seems to favored heavily by both fanbases - both AMD and NV. As a big fan of the AC series, I really liked the fact that NV threw AC IV in there for free. Really fantastic game. On the other side of the coin, i'm sure AMD fans appreciated BF4. I like that kinda thing better. The "one big" title.

Last edited:

3DVagabond

Lifer
Aug 10, 2009
While I appreciate what this will do in terms of competition - It will be interesting to see what game bundle NV will have up their sleeve after Daylight - I have serious mixed feelings on this game list. Looking at some of these games, most of them are ancient. Most of them were free games back in 2011. Yeah, 2011. Really? So that brings the question, what is preferable; One bundled high quality AAA title such as (just a theoretical example) Watch Dogs or Titan Fall, that would sell a ton of GPUs. Or would you rather get old titles like this?

I don't know. They're free games. On the other hand, most of these games can easily be had in steam sales for 5 bucks or less. Not all, but most of them are 2010-2011-2012 games.

I really feel like AMD should just get the one big title and bundle that instead, instead of relying on old shovelware. Something along the lines of BF4. Or on the NV side, AC IV. Batman. Major AAA titles instead of 2 year old shovelware. A huge AAA title that will be near guaranteed to be positive among AMD's fanbase.

I mean it's free and AMD fans can't complain about free. And there's some good stuff there. Rome 2, maybe. But most of it? Really old, and so old that they were also free titles with AMD GPUs back in 2011-2012. I can't help but feel that one huge AAA title would be preferable instead of 3 shovelware titles. Granted, some of the games are more recent. One big title - That's what NV usually does and what AMD also did with BF4 / crysis 3, and as we saw, stuff like that is really favored by the fanbase of both sides.

The list isn't static. They can add games at any time as they are available.

DarkKnightDude

Mar 10, 2011
Not sure why anyone is complaining. These are free games. And added bonus in my opinion.

I thought Murdered: Soul Suspect was only for consoles, didn't know it was coming to PC. Tells you the piss poor marketing.

Gloomy

Golden Member
Oct 12, 2010
I agree with you, Blackened. Newer games would be better.

There seems to be a dearth of AAA releases on PC at the moment, though. Maybe closer to Fall, or Winter, we'll see some bigger titles on AMD's bundle.

Is Murdered a AAA game? Square Enix is publishing it. Looks good, even if it isn't a big budget title.

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
Not sure why anyone is complaining. These are free games. And added bonus in my opinion.

I thought Murdered: Soul Suspect was only for consoles, didn't know it was coming to PC. Tells you the piss poor marketing.

Correct, you can't complain, I'm curious as to what others think. I mean, with one big AAA title a lot of times potential buyers will get pretty excited about that and may tip their buying decision. I'm sure AMD sold a ton of cards on the strength of BF4, while nvidia did well with their AC IV promo. Both are huge franchises and games that long time fans of those series get excited over. Know what i'm sayin'.

It's all free and it's all good, but I personally think "one big" title would be great, but it's still free stuff. So..can't complain about free like you said. Then again maybe they'll add something big later. Not sure. I am curious now as to what NV will have going on after their daylight promo. If Watch Dogs is as good as the press seems to state, maybe they'll have that as a brief one off. NV has had quite a few ubi games as promos, so I am wondering about that. Should be interesting to see how this affects GPU competition, which of course, is always a cool thing.

I mean AMD and NV in recent months have flexed their marketing muscle back and forth for a while now. While i'm an NV guy these days and i'm not shy about stating it, I think that's awesome. I like it as a consumer. Who's to say either company would even do game promos without each other as motivation. Pretty cool stuff. And yeah maybe NV will have a watch dogs promo.

Last edited:

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
Happens in every thread relating to AMD. Haters like to hate.

Oh, believe me. I'm not hating. Please read everything I said, i'm not sure how it can be construed as hate.

Certainly if NV had 3 game bundles like this, It would not get me nearly as excited as perhaps AC IV did. (note that i'm a complete AC fanboy, and have a ton of hours logged in every AC game. Brotherhood and AC IV are probably my favorites among the entire series....) Like, if they offered something like Mirror's edge, Mafia II with the GTX 780, i'm not sure that would motivate or excite anyone as much as AC IV. Or AMD's BF4. You know? But it's free stuff. So it's all good. And maybe AMD will add something else big down the road. Who knows.

In the end it's good since it will motivate NV to answer with their own bundle, so it's really a win-win thing for everyone.

Last edited:

lehtv

Elite Member
Dec 8, 2010
Looking at some of these games, most of them are ancient. Most of them were free games back in 2011. Yeah, 2011. Really?

That's a good question, and I'm glad you asked..

Murdered: Soul Suspect (2014)
Thief (2014)
Tomb Raider (2013)
Hitman Absolution (2012)
Sleeping Dogs (2012)
Deus Ex Human Revolution (2011)
PayDay 2 (2013)
Dungeon Siege III (2011)
Dirt 3 (2011)
Alan Wake (2012)
Dark Siders 1 (2010)
Dark Siders 2 (2012)
Company of Heroes 2 (2013)
Total War SHOGUN 2 (2011)
Titan Quest Gold Edition (2006) D:
Supreme Commander GE (2011)
Just Cause 2 (2010)
The Banner Saga (2014)
Guacamelee!(2013)
Tales From Space Mutant Blobs Attack (2012)
DYAD (2013)

8/21 are from 2011 or earlier, so your complaint applies to 38% of the games available, and that's if we dismiss the claim about those 8 games being free in 2011. Among the games listed are three 2014 titles, one of them an Indie game, and one of them a yet to be released presumably non-AAA title. That still leaves one brand new AAA title, Thief, so I don't see what you lose here compared to what NVIDIA is offering.

Last edited:

DarkKnightDude

Mar 10, 2011
Oh I agree with blackened that if they want to promote this they should get more new or yet to be released AAA titles, but right now its kind of a dead time for games, gotta wait till fall/autumn, I suspect they're waiting for that before announcing any new partners to the program. Maybe the new civ might get added to AMD's promo, who knows.

Nvidia will probably announce one for Watch Dogs next month I'd imagine.

3DVagabond

Lifer
Aug 10, 2009
Oh, believe me. I'm not hating. Please read everything I said, i'm not sure how it can be construed as hate.

Certainly if NV had 3 game bundles like this, It would not get me nearly as excited as perhaps AC IV did. (note that i'm a complete AC fanboy, and have a ton of hours logged in every AC game. Brotherhood and AC IV are probably my favorites among the entire series....) Like, if they offered something like Mirror's edge, Mafia II with the GTX 780, i'm not sure that would motivate or excite anyone as much as AC IV. Or AMD's BF4. You know? But it's free stuff. So it's all good. And maybe AMD will add something else big down the road. Who knows.

In the end it's good since it will motivate NV to answer with their own bundle, so it's really a win-win thing for everyone.

Suppose AC4 was one of the games you could choose from plus 1 or 2 more? AMD will add more games, maybe one that you consider worthwhile. Although, it would be hard for a free game to sway you away from your preferred brand, I would imagine. Not everyone has a brand preference though.

Aug 11, 2008
Might be getting a card this summer for my grandson. The only game that would really influence my purchase would be the new Dragon Age RPG, but considering Bioware's recent track record, I am hesitant even about that. Would look forward to it if it was free for sure though.

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
Suppose AC4 was one of the games you could choose from plus 1 or 2 more? AMD will add more games, maybe one that you consider worthwhile. Although, it would be hard for a free game to sway you away from your preferred brand, I would imagine. Not everyone has a brand preference though.

Oh. Sure, brand preference. My brand preference is entirely related to what I feel has given me a better software and user experience, yes I do like NV for the time being.. I won't get into that If you feel otherwise, great, but seeing the "brand preference" line from you is ... come on. DO NOTE. This has absolutely nothing to do with what I feel is a great thing for people buying products. I'm a consumer and I buy products. This is a net benefit to me if i'm on a market for a GPU in another rig, regardless of which GPU I decide to get. So I really do welcome this game bundle, my earlier point was that I think people would get more excited by having that "one big" title. And like you said. AMD might add that. If they do? Hey awesome. I hope so.

Regardless of what. I think competition is an awesome thing. AMD did a lot of things right with the 290 series of cards now that the custom cards are out, even if I decided not to buy one. AMD being there is doing good things for. AMD's game bundles is doing good things for us. Even for someone who buys NV. OR buys AMD.

Anyway, suppose AMD does do this. If they released a great game in their bundle. As far as i'm concerned, as i've outlined above, that's awesome. You know why? Because it will just push GPU competition and motivate NV to respond with their own bundle. It truly is a win win situation regardless of what brand you prefer. Or what brand *I* prefer based on issues in the past. Regardless of all of that, everyone wins, which I think is awesome. I also mentioned earlier. Who's to say ANYONE would release these game bundles if NV and AMD didn't motivate each other to do so. Would AMD do game bundles if NV didn't have strong sales? Would NV follow suit? I think it's safe to say that everyone benefits here. Regardless of your preference for AMD, and mine being what it is. I'm sure we can all agree on that, competition is a great thing, I welcome it. Even for the mere PC gamer that doesn't buy a GPU because they have one already, they benefit because they can grab cheaper games from various FS/T forums. Crysis 3, AC IV, Batman: AO, BF4, all of these games were had by more gamers than otherwise would happen because of these bundles. That's also cool as far as i'm concerned, because I still love PC gaming.

Last edited:

Attic

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2010
Was wondering if they'd relaunch this.

Theif is a natural fit for the promotion even though it's not as good as I'd hoped it be. There was some initial problems with the sound, but flicking on TrueAudio does make it seem as though the sound is a bit more encompassing.

Typically nVidia follows with game promos after AMD, so hopefully we see good selection from both camps soon. Last round of game bundles I'd give the slight edge to nVidia because i liked their specific limited offerings more, but AMD had a wider selection.

Aug 11, 2008
Yes, except for Thief and the Murder's whatever that I have never heard of, nearly every game on the list is cheap on steam or has already been on sale for a very good price. Normally I would expect new, cutting edge graphics games as the promotional ones, but maybe they will add those later.

I mean it is a free benefit, so I guess you can't knock it, but it is nothing even close to the bundles a year or so ago that contained 1 to 3 cutting edge AAA games.

3DVagabond

Lifer
Aug 10, 2009
Oh. Sure, brand preference. My brand preference is entirely related to what I feel has given me a better software and user experience, yes I do like NV for the time being.. I won't get into that If you feel otherwise, great, but seeing the "brand preference" line from you is ... come on. DO NOTE. This has absolutely nothing to do with what I feel is a great thing for people buying products. I'm a consumer and I buy products. This is a net benefit to me if i'm on a market for a GPU in another rig, regardless of which GPU I decide to get. So I really do welcome this game bundle, my earlier point was that I think people would get more excited by having that "one big" title. And like you said. AMD might add that. If they do? Hey awesome. I hope so.

Regardless of what. I think competition is an awesome thing. AMD did a lot of things right with the 290 series of cards now that the custom cards are out, even if I decided not to buy one. AMD being there is doing good things for. AMD's game bundles is doing good things for us. Even for someone who buys NV. OR buys AMD.

Anyway, suppose AMD does do this. If they released a great game in their bundle. As far as i'm concerned, as i've outlined above, that's awesome. You know why? Because it will just push GPU competition and motivate NV to respond with their own bundle. It truly is a win win situation regardless of what brand you prefer. Or what brand *I* prefer based on issues in the past. Regardless of all of that, everyone wins, which I think is awesome. I also mentioned earlier. Who's to say ANYONE would release these game bundles if NV and AMD didn't motivate each other to do so. Would AMD do game bundles if NV didn't have strong sales? Would NV follow suit? I think it's safe to say that everyone benefits here. Regardless of your preference for AMD, and mine being what it is. I'm sure we can all agree on that, competition is a great thing, I welcome it. Even for the mere PC gamer that doesn't buy a GPU because they have one already, they benefit because they can grab cheaper games from various FS/T forums. Crysis 3, AC IV, Batman: AO, BF4, all of these games were had by more gamers than otherwise would happen because of these bundles. That's also cool as far as i'm concerned, because I still love PC gaming.

Sorry if I touched a nerve. I was only stating that a game or game bundle can only be so effective. I wouldn't let an included game sway me to one brand over the other. As you say we all have our own experiences/preferences.